website problems!

Thread: website problems!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

website problems!

ok something weird happened to me. I got my computer in 2001 its a dell P4,384 megs of ram. win xp fully patched.. well anyway everfy since day 1, I have had a problem viewing www.pbs.org and www.ubisoft.com i tried using IE and firefox... they both gave me a page cannot be displayed error... im sure i have the right address... well anyway today ( oct. 8th) BOTH pages work in BOTH browsers! any idea why? im happy and curious lol... i didnt change any settings that i know of. thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    the only reason i can think of is that those sites where down. if you can access the net completely, and yet only one or two sites are not working, its usually the servers on their end. those sites may have been down for maintanance. im not familiar with either of them so i cant tell you a definate if they were down or not. so dont worry, i dont think its your computer.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

well thanx for the help... they r gaming sites and after 3 yrs i can finally look at them lol... i could view them on other peoples computers though, just not mine until now. but they work! so im happy thanx....
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    umm..very good question. lol I never went to those sites before today but both worked. Both sites rely on some javascript, maybe your permissions denied this<before you installed sp2, well didn't you? lol> They blocked you?!? <don't think so but maybe they blocked an IP range?> Maybe your firewall also? I have no clue though beyond that. Got me...

Banned
    pbs.org is not exactly a gaming site...

lol i didnt mean to include pbs as a gaming site but, i watch Nova and history detectives ( i know im a lil bit of a nerd but arent we all) and yes i did install SP2 right after it got out of beta.... the only firewall I have is the one that comes with SP2. well anyway it works now and im happy... thanx for all your help as usual i can count on yall to help!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted