Thread: ximian evolution 1.2 hotmail account

Question ximian evolution 1.2 hotmail account

Hi all. This is my first time setting up an email account in a Linux distro ( let alone an organisational-focused software) so bear with me.

What Im trying to do is to create an Ximian evolution v1.2 account that will get my email from my hotmail account and POP it to my harddrive. The documentation has been helpful in providing a general explanation of the different account types, however there isn't any solid example that can help clarify any misunderstandings.

I tried setting up my receiving server as POP and provided the hostname as 'hotmail' for my receiving and sending servers and just used the default linux account name as my account name ( in this case i am the root user). I didnt get anything.

many thanks

as far as i know does hotmail not provide a pop account for free users. only the premium version has the possiblity to get your messages via pop.
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

Funny, my father was able to do it for me in outlook and it worked fine. Maybe its probably cause of the ownership of hotmail by m$