Thread: reading Hacking Exposed

reading Hacking Exposed

I didn't know if I should write this in product/book reviews or here. I figured that since I'm not actually looking for a review, I should put it here, in misc. I'm reading the book Hacking Exposed, fourth edition. Just purchased it yesterday. I was wondering if any prior knowledge is required or reccomended before reading the book. Any suggestions are accepted.
    \"I\'m a lonely soldier, at war... Sent away to die... never quite knowing why.... Sometimes it makes no sense at all....\"

It might be good to brush up on your mysql, as I remeber the dvd from I believe 3rd edition showed a bit on sql injection and played it up as the new wave of hacking.

learning the basics of linux would also help since they speak much of linux tools.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

I'm of novice calibur. The student of life.
    \"I\'m a lonely soldier, at war... Sent away to die... never quite knowing why.... Sometimes it makes no sense at all....\"

Re: reading Hacking Exposed

Originally posted here by C.Battery
    I didn't know if I should write this in product/book reviews or here. I figured that since I'm not actually looking for a review, I should put it here, in misc. I'm reading the book Hacking Exposed, fourth edition. Just purchased it yesterday. I was wondering if any prior knowledge is required or reccomended before reading the book. Any suggestions are accepted.
    You question is too subjective.
    Why not just open the book and tell us the answer after reading.
    If it's over your head, maybe you could post your specific experience level and
    notes about what you wish you knew better.

Originally posted here by kr5kernel
    It might be good to brush up on your mysql, as I remeber the dvd from I believe 3rd edition showed a bit on sql injection and played it up as the new wave of hacking.

learning the basics of linux would also help since they speak much of linux tools.
    That was The 4TH Edition not the 3RD.

Exactly. The logic, the common sense. I've just never had any experience with the sort, it's all new to me. Kind of like I'm fresh out of shallow waters, into the sea. Was a little nervous. After taking note of those responses, i'll read the book and post questions that may arise.

If you are interested in computer Security and want to know what the basic's before the basic's then you must read this site: http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomla...ebs/Part1.html

This well explain to you what telnet is and ids scanners, stuff like that. Once you read that you will be able to understand hacking exsposed much better.

Also when you are done that try this One: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=133897

There is an endless amount of information there to read. Enough tutorials to make your eyes bleed!!!