Computer Restarts of it own !!!

Thread: Computer Restarts of it own !!!

Computer Restarts of it own !!!

I am having great trouble with my PC . While running ... it gets restarted of its own . I have allready got it chacked at many places but it functions well there . The problem persists only at my place . I m not getting wat to do with . Pls Help me out . Is there something to do with the RAM .
    Thanx ...
    KANAV
    n0rULes!!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    what operating system is it? Window<xp,98....> or linux? Run through what your doing when it happens. Are you running a certain program or is it doing it whenever? Are you hooked up to the internet when this happens? And also do you have a Firewall, antivirus, adaware, spybot...?

Did u try a different outlet ? If it only happens with your place maybe the outlet is broke and send too much electricity or whatever, im not really an electricion, just a wild guess !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

********** |ceWriterguy
    Agreeing with Kurt here - you need to provide us with a LOT more info on your system than you did - reboots can be caused by a number of reasons, including:

Virii or other malware,
    bad memory,
    memory leaks in software,
    not enough memory,
    power supply, ups, or house power,
    heat issues in the processor,
    or a damaged O/S just to name a few.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Hi,

Welcome to AO,

I am having great trouble with my PC . While running ... it gets restarted of its own . I have allready got it chacked at many places but it functions well there . The problem persists only at my place . I m not getting wat to do with . Pls Help me out . Is there something to do with the RAM .
    I think that this is the best fault report I have seen in a long time! you have actually answered the question with your question

1. As the other members have said, re-booting can have many causes
    2. You stated that you have tried it at other places and it works fine.
    3. It is your power supply

SO!.................what do we do?

1. A surge protector extension strip.
    2. UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

Do your lights flicker?
    Do you have problems with your TV?
    What is your power supply? (110-130, or 230-250)

Is this a desktop or a laptop?

If a laptop does the problem happen when attached to the mains, or on battery?

A little more information, and I am sure that we can find an answer

What country are you living in.............send me a personal message (PM) if you like.....one of those purple boxes at the top.

Or tell me you language?

I will try to help

Good luck

I don't think this has been mentioned (and although might be unlikely) but you could have a trojan horse application on your system, running a server. Someone might be connected to your system and is restarting it himself. Or, you could have a virus of sorts that does it itself. In either sense, scan your system with an updated definitions virus scanner as well as a personal recommendation of mine of a trojan sweeper. It's called SwatIt, found at http://www.swatit.org

Hope to have helped, and next time please provide more information.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO French Antique News Whore
    MsBlaster!!!
    -Simon \"SDK\"