AOL prepares its own browser

Thread: AOL prepares its own browser

AOL prepares its own browser

America Online is planning to release its own stand-alone Web browser based on Microsoft's Internet Explorer technology, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.

http://news.com.com/AOL+prepares+its...l?tag=nefd.hed

I feel sorry for the world !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Banned
    Doesn't AOL have some kind browser already. I remember a long time ago when my mom had AOL she would have some kind of browser that she used. Sorry I haven't used AOL in a while.

I am assuming what you mean when you say a browser you mean one that people that aren't using AOL can use.

That is a sad/bad thing. I am just waiting for the first AOL exploit. I have a feeling that AOL is going to package AOL browser and AIM together.

From what i read before its an AOL browser based off of IE usable by nonAOL users. AOL + IE hmmm, doesn't sound very enticing does it? The lamest service mixed with the featurelessness of IE , surely a loser unless AOL has come up with some super spectacular revolutionary idea.

After installing Creative products drivers and having AOL sh!t left all over my computer in every place possible from desktop to IE bookmarks they can die for all i care and take all their coaster trial cds with them.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I only know one person with AOL, but from what I recall the browser looked like some re-badged IE anyway, so I don't think that they are doing anything that revolutionary?

/off topic

they can die for all i care and take all their coaster trial cds with them.
    The CDs make excellent bird scarers if you are into farming or gardening, just tie them to a cord between two posts. They don't cost anything and are maintenance free. It is also ecologically friendly.

I guess that I get about $500 worth of free fruit & vegetables each year and have gained a number of private clients as a result.

Birds aren't as stupid as you might think (they probably boot *nix in solidarity with the penguin)

I mention this because it occurred to me that it might help some of our "financially challenged" college and high school student members.

Cheers

Unless something enticing comes along with it, you won't be finding me with their browser.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I am not opinionated or biased at all when it comes to AOL. I will not have any of their crap on any of my boxes. I rip, shred, and delete anything connected to AOL. I even shutter when I see Netscape in a reference to the Mozilla browsers, but will use them anyway (just barely though). No, I'm not opinionated about AOL........heh heh heh
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

moxnix: Will you even watch any of the Turner channels?? (TBS, TNT, etc)
    Space For Rent.. =]

This ought to be fun since the current AOL browser that they use does not adhere to any standards.... It will be interesting to see what they come out with....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)