Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian and Green Party Candidates Arrested

Libertarian and Green Party Candidates Arrested

This is a bit late, and I'm sure both the left and right sides will want to step on me for this one, but oh well

Everyone was glued to the TV during the last presidential debate, but something happened that got virtually no attention. The Libertarian candidate Micheal Badnarik and Green Party candidate David Cobb were arrested while trying to serve an Order to Show Cause to the comission that regulates and controls the debates.

http://badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1346

Interestingly enough many small news sites picked up the story, as did the monster that is Slashdot, yet no major television news agency seems to have given it any real attention, much like the siutation Nader encountered last election season when he tried to attend the debates with a valid spectator ticket.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, didn't you know? There are only two candidates in the Presidential elections. Why would the media pay any attention to those they don't give money to?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/2924.html

Bush spokesman Danny Diaz, who was with the president in New Mexico and Arizona on Wednesday, repeatedly refused to address a Libertarian factor. “This is a race between the president of the United States and John Kerry, and voters will make their decision between those two candidates,” he said.
    Nice to see them supporting our choices! Its no wonder something like half of the population of the US doesnt bother to vote with that kind of attitude coming out of Washington. So much for democracy and freedom...
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO

So much for democracy and freedom...
    Silly! You actually thought those existed... what a foolish human you are!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Banned
    I'm not suprised they're not even recognizing these thrid party nuts... most of them don't even have enough sigs to make it on the state ballots... maybe this one does but think literally... what percent of the vote might he get in the state? .05% of the popular vote for that state? These are just crazy nuts making a run for something they don't have a chance winning...

;TT actually Badnarik is on the ballot in 48 states; one of the two hes not on may change pending legal action. Not bad for a `third party nut` eh? The sad truth however is Badnarik wont get that big of a precentage, mainly because of the efforts of the big two to supress third parties efforts to be heard and seen.

Ok Let's lay off the whole conspiracy theory for once. Eh?

This is not about supression. This is about the "third party" not being able to garner enough support to sustain it's election bids. Now, I won't deny that news stations and papers will normally endorse one party, or another, by way of their actions/reporting/editorials. But there is no concerted effort to suppress "third parties." The effort is to suppress anything that is not good for the party the news agency supports.

If the "third party" can gain enough support, the news agencies will report it. A good example of this was Ross Perot.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

If the "third party" can gain enough support, the news agencies will report it. A good example of this was Ross Perot.
    Not everyone has that kind of funding. But that does lead to the question of how do they get the support if they don't get the media exposure. And how do they get the media exposure if they want to get the support? Seems rather like a Catch-22 in some ways.

They will be counting on my vote. I'm pretty good at shaking things up, and unless the Gov of Michigan wants a big riot in the streets he will ACK the Libertarian party.

I agree whole heartedly Mittens. In order for a 3rd party to make a serious bid for the Presidency of the United States, they will need lots of money, or a basic ground swell of support. I guess that the only way to get that support without money would be word of mouth and constant stumping. Of course, if the world suddenly ran out of oxygen, the Green party would be a shoe in for the next election.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!