multi-os bootable cd/dvd, howto?

Thread: multi-os bootable cd/dvd, howto?

Question multi-os bootable cd/dvd, howto?

is there a software that can help prepare a cd/dvd format bootble cd containing different os (windows 3.11,95,98,fedora, etc) installation.

i heard of bootscriptor but the site is down.

i'm plannign to backup our media, and makes it easier for me to bring just one cd/dvd in troubleshooting remote client/server.

thanx.
    the fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Google "Create multiboot CD", there are far too many to list. I have a Win 2000 multiboot cd for the various servers, so obviously it can be done.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

thanx for the info. but i'm not just going to do it pure windows multi-os installation. i'm planning to have a sort of all-in-1 cd , from there you can install linux, bsd, windows, etc.

thanx.

Is this for re-installing the OSes?

Perhaps something like knoppix to boot and then just create folders for the various operating systems.

Or have I misunderstood you ?

Win3.11? you are joking aren't you?............you would need to load DOS first for that one!

Also, you can only get so much on a CD and the installation software and other stuff makes them rather "bloated" so there will be a limit of what you can fit onto a single CD.

Maybe you should have more than one CD.............OK a DVD would hold it all.........but Win 3.1X and Win 95 on a machine with a DVD drive?.................I don't think so

Anyway, why a bootable CD/DVD? isn't the good old Win98 3.5" floppy good enough?

I am sorry, I do not quite see what you are trying to do.

Cheers

actually the more realistic example would be... a bootable cd/dvd that holds windows 2k3 web, standard, enterprise server, freebsd and openbsd installation will do. i will use it for installing/re-installing os for our server. i want to have all os i need in one handy cd/dvd rather than several.

i plan also to do the same for clients. hard to imagine but we still use windows 95/98... but for windows 3.11 i think we still have several.

thanx.

I do think it should be possible to make a multi OpenSource OS cd/dvd with lilo or grub..

I don't know if you could make a Microsoft install CD behave with the rest on there..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

tikbalang, you might want to look at this thread on another site, might help you or be what you are looking for.

http://slax.linux-live.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2220