4 44.44%
  • Python

1 11.11%
  • Java

1 11.11%

Thread: Trouble in Mutt land

Trouble in Mutt land

I'm kind of curious how many people this happens to:

After installing Linux, and updating and things like that, I open Mutt, one of my favorite email clients, and it seems to depend on how good of a mood my computer is in.

It asks to create the mail folder, and I press "y" and it will either give me that error that it doesn't have a mail folder, or it works. On Slackware Linux, I've never had this problem, but on every other Linux, even with the exact same things installed and samne setting, it seems to be hit or miss, because a minute ago, it failed on SUSE, yet not long ago, another install of the same SUSE version, worked fine, with the same set up.

Does this happen to you? The Mutt web site has a thing about this, and it makes me wonder why even Root wouldn't have write permissions in the correct folder... Does this happen to you? How do you combat it?

Please don't respond if you've never used Linux or Mutt and saying "that's weird" or something stupid like that, I jst want to see if anyone else has this happen.

I'm replying too this.

I finally got this working how I want it to work, so now I can FINALLY use my favorite Email client how I want.

I found in Muttrc (Something that looks similar if you have ever done cat /boot/vmlinuz, which for anyone who has never done that, heh, it fills your screen with garbage) but I found it.

I set:

set from='Your email address here'
    set envelope_from

Uncommented them, and wrote it with Vim. It now works I wanted to reply to let others know how I did it so they can learn from my mistakes, and use Mutt too if they want.

It's the same reason Iw rote so many installation tutorials, and why I wrote the tutorials I wrote. I wanted too show people that even if something appears hard, how it appears and how it really is are generally not the whole same thing.

People thought Slackware was hard to install. I wrote a tutorial going step by step, and showed people it wasn't. Peopel thought the same of Free BSD.... Well now you know how too do that too.

And when I release my papers, you'll see securing these machines and learning about them isn't hard either.

I like to make text files of my exploration so when I find an answer, I can post it in hopes others will be helped in a manner that is more easy to understand.

Maybe I'll do something for IPFW on Free BSD and show that's easy too.

Banned
    Haha, you solved your own problem from about 2 months ago. Good job, lots of cookies for you! =P