Thread: gator.exe

gator.exe

how can I remove the gator.exe?

Hi mom!
    Answered a zillion times in several threads. For example, look at http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257405
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I understand that tutorial, but I'm thinking that gleneddie may not know what to make out of that tutorial (if I am wrong, than I am sorry gleneddie!) I mean that was this person's first post and although most of us have those programs in place and running, they must not. Unless I missed it somewhere, gator.exe was never even mentioned. So instead of insinuating that newbs should browse through the "zillions" of posts; howabout we try and help people. If you don't want to help; then somebody will and maybe with a little more sincerity. And we wonder why the common user has no idea about computer security. The "experts" don't seem to want to take the time to educate people on the basics.
    There wasn\'t any paper used here, but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

I understand that tutorial, but I'm thinking that gleneddie may not know what to make out of that tutorial (if I am wrong, than I am sorry gleneddie!) I mean that was this person's first post and although most of us have those programs in place and running, they must not. Unless I missed it somewhere, gator.exe was never even mentioned. So instead of insinuating that newbs should browse through the "zillions" of posts; howabout we try and help people. If you don't want to help; then somebody will and maybe with a little more sincerity. And we wonder why the common user has no idea about computer security. The "experts" don't seem to want to take the time to educate people on the basics.
    Ok if you say so ........but it's as simpl as Uninstalling anything ......

gleneddie9493 -->

First

• Goto Control Panel.
    • the Add/Remove Programs.
    • locate Gator in the list of installed programs. click on the Add/Remove button.

Second

• Download AD-Aware is you havent have yet
    • Update it
    • Scan
    • remover the things it find one of them will be gator

you can combine the two............ First Uninstall it and then use any Spyware / Adware remover tool such as AD-Aware to be sure nothing is left .

See wasen't that hard

--Good Luck--

The point is, there is a feature shared amongst popular forums, that of the 'Search'. Try and see what 'gator' turns out.
    /\\

gleneddie9493,

The removal of Parasite software (my term for Adware and spyware), can be a complecated affair..
    Gator has been a relitivly straight forward pest to clean.. if you follow the information given in Guus's link and you use the tools.. Gator should be removed. If you want to remove Gator manualy give post back.. the removal requrires the editing of the Registry, and the deletion of a number of files.

Cheers

BTW: Ad-remove programs dosen't remove the complete package of Gator..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Now those last three posts were something that you could actually use (in my opinion)
    There wasn\'t any paper used here, but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

SecGod.. did you follow the link?

And what is it? a tutorial..

It gives links to the tools mentioned.. and a good methgodology to useing the tools. so what is the problem.. it did answer the question..
    The following could have been added to be fully helpful "post back the results of following those steps"
    We don't mind helping people out BUT repeating basic steps over and over again for people who don't use the search feature or are not willing to do a bit of reading is a waste of our time and site bandwidth.

Just a simple read of some of the threads is this forum will yeild enough information
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I agree, I think that people should take the time to research problems, but then I agree with people when they just want an answer to a simple problem. So where does that leave us? Somewhere in between I imagine. I mean who knows, gleneddie may never post here again, but this forum may have helped them in some small way.

Now I understand this whole points system, you give opinion and you get negative points when someone may not agree with you. Cool