Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't AntiOnline sue the owner ?

Can't AntiOnline sue the owner ?

O.G at A.O

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm.. interesting. It's a fake site given that the top "Posters" is this:

Top 10 Posters:
    » Tedob1
    » souleman
    » KorpDeath
    » Terr
    » ac1dsp3ctrum
    » s0nIc
    » Negative
    » Ennis
    » valhallen
    » MsMittens
    That said, me thinks it might be attempting to gather information. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get the "higher ups" to look into this.

I don't know if they can sue but certainly they can put in a request to Tripod for a cease and desist I would think.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yeah i noticed the outdated lists....then i also though that he might be trying to gather usernames and password when someone tries to log in, it send him the password but it doesn't seem to be the case, i tried logging in with a fake name it redirects me to antionline.com
    O.G at A.O

Still misleading. The code makes me think there is perhaps an attempt to gather info on the local user's machine. When clicking on one of the threads, there is a popup but I'm using Mozilla and I don't think it's working correctly on that. Using IE might generate different results.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Banned
    I think the kid was playing with wget or some program like that.. because look at the links.. they point to files on the viewer's HD...

No biggy IMO.

Ok i tried it on IE ...

Page cannot be displayed shows up here

C:\Documents and Settings\students.NVDSKOOLAPJEDU\My Documents\My Webs\myweb\showthread.php

and a My Search pop-up appears witht he term "cehawk" in the search box ....strange !

Doesnt seem to big fo a problem to me since probably no one even visits the site.....i was just curious !
    O.G at A.O

and a My Search pop-up appears witht he term "cehawk" in the search box ....strange !
    Spyware check perhaps? Anything come in?

Ad-aware SE Personal is running a full system scan right now, i have to go to work, i'll post if something comes up tonight....
    O.G at A.O

The site is in blatant infringement of every Tripod License out there, so IMO even a mod from AO could report the site as an abuse and say why it is such an abuse... the site should be down in about 24hrs.

And even if the kid was playing with wget or Teleport, he should learn to use those tools and download the files with relative paths... the skiddies, never wanna learn.
    /\\

Banned
    Pardon my squirrelly ignorance, but how is using wget to mirror a site skiddie???