Thread: Windows XP strange "delay" problem...

Windows XP strange "delay" problem...

Hiii!

Long time no see u ppl!

Here is the issue (this has become usual ) :

I re-formated the drive, install XP Pro again, put SP1, then upgraded to SP2..so far..so good.
    The only thing in my machine that i noticed that is "rong" is Nero 6, wich windows says it is incompatibly with this version of windows..SP2.

Well, thats not a problem and thats not why im typing this, the issue is, windows seams to have a slight delay when i open/close windows, apps etc..

Like, i click on my Documents icon, it opens, then i close it and open it again fast and thers that slight delay.. im guessing this isnt normal causeee i dont have it on my dads comp..

No, thers no virus, iv checked that, deframented the disk, run Ad-Aware 6 Professional, Highjack etc..and nothing, the memory and processor status are normal..

Soooo..what the *** can this be ??

Thanx alot ppl!

Cheers to u all!!!
    Owmen

Do you get the delay if you wait a few minutes before reopening the application, or is it only if you do it quickly?

Try using resource manager to monitor the resource status immediately after you close down.......it almost sounds like a temporary memory leak?

Cheers

Hi nihil

Its only if i do it quickly if i wait some secs it opens normaly..

If its a temporary memory leak how can i fix this??

Cheers
    Owmen

Well I haven't encountered this myself but you might like to try:

<control panel>
    <system properties>
    <advanced>
    <performance options>

and select <adjust for best performance>

Also check out your running processes and what is in startup. Try not to start stuff that you don't really need.

Maybe check out your AV and see if it is scanning files on closure...........that could cause a delay. Also defragment in safe mode as that is the only way to defragment the AV pattern/signature files.

As I suggested, you might use system monitor to check what happens when you close an app down, it sounds as if there is stuff still running in the background which prevents an immediate restart.

Good luck

Hi ppl!

Well nihil u were right, but actually i didnt had anything in the startup, in msconfig i only had cmfg.exe (i guess im typing it rong :P ), anyway, i had to clean the registry to take that out, the startup is completly clean, the services has well..and heres the nasty thing (that i belive it was causing problems) "Windows User Mode Driver Framework"..that i guess came when i recently installed SP2 and Windows Media Player 10.

Well i just deactivated it and windows is running, hell, like a new machine (almost :P)..

Thanx

Cheers
    Owmen

Thank you Owmen for letting us know what the solution was and completing the thread. That is how we all learn

I am glad to hear your box is back to running normally again.

Cheers