life in the fast lane... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: life in the fast lane...

Originally posted here by silent-mage
    a suggestion from me is that there is a program out there called Deep Freeze. This is a program that once you have "frozen" the computer the way you want it, when the computer restarts then everything that has been added or changed it will be deleted and your computer will be the same when you froze it. Read more about Deep Freeze here.

http://www.faronics.com/ - Product Website
    thanks. that's an interesting app. i have never heard of it before. kinda like "take back" or ghost without the ghosting.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    we fall under the same organizationla umbrella as the coffer machine maintenence staff, janitorial staff, and guy that cleans the dumpsters. now close your eyes and picture my "divisional head"!
    Would you mind if I only closed my left eye (I am right handed)?

You are under what we would call "Site Services" over here....................hell man, that is bizzare!...........I was imagining Finance, that was common in the early days over here.

Maybe he needs to arrange meetings outside the normal Divisional Heads ones and bring you and the computer literate representatives of the other divisions along....................like a "working group" that reports back to the main committee?

Actually, status apart he is probably as computer savvy as the lot of them.................you need to get the users involved

I would go along the lines of talking "business continuity", "service level agreements", "quality of support", "my customer, my responsibility"..............does he have any worthwhile ambition?

This is a bad one
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Originally posted here by nihil
    ...................hell man, that is bizzare!.........
    you can say that again. . okay, my last post to this fun thread - i promise.

the only thing that keeps me here is free tuition for secure_lockdown jr. in 10 years i will collect. and when the time comes, secure_lockdown jr. is going to university 2 times. once because it's an earned benefit and once more because of all the hell i had to put up with.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"