Thread: "Dear Linux; You are wrong."

Developer Extraordinar

"Dear Linux; You are wrong."

According to http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...fm?NewsID=2415 and Growklaw SCO is relasing their own website to "fight back" and "prove to Linux users thay are wrong."

As Groklaw says:
    They plan to set up a website to tell their side of the story, beginning November 1, and provide legal documents so you won't have to come to Groklaw any more. They say they had requests to do that.
    The site will not be allowing comments to be posted, because as Groklaw says:

They won't allow any comments, because they'd get drowned out, they say. That fear ought to tell them something.
    Shouldn't SCO realize that perhaps that they are setting up a website, which as Techworld says, is partly because of Groklaw, and they arn't allowing comments, maybe isn't that great of a case?

Is SCO still fighting what seems a downhill battle against IBM, Novell, Red Hat, Autozone and DaimlerChrysler, and Linux in general? When will it end?

So, Novemeber 1st, look for ProSCO.net, if it isn't DDoSed off the net the first day...

As TechWorld says:
    How long the site will stay up before it is bombarded with a denial-of-service attack is open for debate, but you can bet it won't be long.
    It's hard to say...

microburn

Anyone can start a site. Getting people to read the propoganda that you put on your site is what is hard.

If you read something on Groklaw and then read the opposite on SCO's site... who are you going to beleive?

I for one would not give SCO the time of the day.

Besides, why can't someone just start a site and put SCO's articles in quotes and discuss it there? Or put their site in iframes even. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same articles that SCO releases torn apart an Groklaw itself. Then SCO will try to sue Groklaw for infringing on it's IP (articles).
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Anyone can start a site. Getting people to read the propoganda that you put on your site is what is hard.
    It works here doesn't it?

If you read something on Groklaw and then read the opposite on SCO's site... who are you going to beleive?
    That depends on your bias. If you are unbiased, you are likely to either ignore it entirely, or to look at who is using more reputable sources of information on which to draw their statements. As much as I respect the knowledge level of groklaw, I doubt SCO's team of lawyers are complete idiots.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

As much as I respect the knowledge level of groklaw, I doubt SCO's team of lawyers are complete idiots.
    But can you say that much for their CEO?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.