I'm not sure how well this works... But it is certainly a great temporary fix... What I did was use Process Explorer to see where the adware's exe was located, then I go there, kill the process, and then set permissions on the folder and file's inside so that NOTHING can open it or run it without the permissions being changed back... Granted, this does nothing to stop most spyware and hijackers, but if you need a quick fix while downloading Spybot and ad aware on a clients computer, this just might work... It's working for me... Damn dial up... My Ad-Aware just stopped workign the other day, I would assume from some sort of adware/spyware, so I'm downloading the newest version while having all the suspicious exe's gone for the moment...

And yes, I did delete the exe's first before I did the permissions thing. They were coming back, so I figured with this fix, they will have to be smart enough to find a new directory or die. I hope they just sputter and die. I'm pretty sure it's a BHO issue on this, so I just need to run hijack this...

Well yeah... That's what I just did... So... Anyone think it sounds like a slightly good idea? (probably not, but oh well. It's working for me.)