Kerry and Bush and Gay Marriage

Thread: Kerry and Bush and Gay Marriage

er0k

Kerry and Bush and Gay Marriage

Bush just looked retarded, said he supported the rights of all but denies gay marriage

kerry says homosexuality isn't a choice... but doesn't personally want to grant marriage rights

wtf..

what does the gay community at AO think of that. Thats you JP.. since you dislike how Bush is on gay marriage, how do you feel about Kerry?

Everyone else as well..

edit >> woah bad mistakes on my intent..

I think they both need to lighten up and not be so damned close minded... That's the problem with American's in general... We look too much towards traditions, and don't follow them, then we overlook the future, and act as if it doesn't matter...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

The truth may be, America as a beast, is not ready for the conecpt of Gay Marriage and they both know that. Or they are actually telling the truth and they along their opinion, state: they don't support the definition of marriage to mean anything other than Man_Woman. Kerry has waffled on the issue in the past but looks like he cleared it up a bit on where he stands. He'll still get the gay vote though since they hate Bush with a passion.

The issue will be unresolved in this election.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

what i heard kerry say...in so many words was i personnally am against gay marriage but ill vote in favor of it. just as he says for his stand on unrestricted abortion. he's personally against it but...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

A direct statement saying "I'm in favor of gay marriage" would be political suicide, as sad as that is. What I can't understand is how Dick Cheney can align himself with someone who is so against gay marriage that he wants to alter the Constitution, when his daughter is a lesbian living openly. To me, that shows the kind of person he is. I don't care if my son wanted to wear leather and chains and whip his gay lover in the streets, I'd support him.

(As a side note, my son is 9, and doesn't seem to be gay )
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I have never met a person I totally agree with but I would support them on other issues.
    Makes life fun, even people I have loved dearly didn't see eye and eye on every issue.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

The problem that most have with this concept is that the US is built on some "traditional" values, love it or hate it. My opinion is, you don't like, then go to some country that isn't built on it instead of staying here and whining because it doesn't align with your subjective viewpoint.

I say if it's such an issue, then leave it to a vote of the people and let's take care of it. If the people vote for establishing gay marriage, then let it be so. If they vote for keeping tradition, then the people have spoken. As a democracy, we are still a country ruled by the consensus of the people, and if that consensus is different from what you individually believe, then too bad, go find a country that doesn't work this way.

Bottom line: I think the way to resolve this is to present it to a vote of the people instead of having any politician or judge in Washington decide it for us.