Linux Listener

Thread: Linux Listener

Linux Listener

How many of you read 2600?

Well in the most recent issue I have been able to pick up has an article on creating a simple port listener written in C for linux. It is a really awesome article I am wondering if people would be interested in me retyping the article or if some would take it as an offense. It is really cool.

It would not be an original work and I would attribute it all to the author and the 2600 club.

Please give me your comments, I don't want people to be angered.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I've never read the actual Magazine, but isn't everything on their web site anyway? If so, just link too it.

No, the 2600 club does not post their articles on the website until after the publication.

- MilitantEidolon

MilitantEidolon: You're right it is a good issue. I'm not sure of 2600's rules for that. Thats why they sell the magazine... If I were you, I'd offer it only to people who request it. Not post it for everyone. Or, find out their rules for reposting it. Since you're only using part of it they might not mind? I'm not sure who holds the copyright? The person who wrote it? 2600? No clue.

I just hate how long it takes for new issues to come out. I read them in a day and have to wait 3 months for the next one.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

phishphreek80 - I already thought about that and shot them an email asking permission.

I am now waiting for a response from them. Hopefully they will allow it.

I will keep you posted.

- MilitantEidolon

Hey Hey,

Thread Hijack for a second...

Do you guys buy the magazine on the news stand or have a subscription?? I'm a little pissed off with them... I've ordered both back issues and a subscription at different times... my CC has been charged both times and I've never recieved anything from them... I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had subscription problems with them... I tried numerous times to contact them only to recieve no response... I'm now boycotting their magazine because I'm more than a little upset...

Anyways I'd be curious to see part of the article... even if only the code section.. If you could PM it over that'd be cool.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well in the most recent issue I have been able to pick up has an article on creating a simple port listener written in C for linux.
    Is this Vol. 22, #2? The article on Netcat?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Is this Vol. 22, #2? The article on Netcat?
    Yeah that is the volume but the name of the article is "Listening Via Linux."

Do you guys buy the magazine on the news stand or have a subscription?? I'm a little pissed off with them... I've ordered both back issues and a subscription at different times... my CC has been charged both times and I've never recieved anything from them... I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had subscription problems with them... I tried numerous times to contact them only to recieve no response... I'm now boycotting their magazine because I'm more than a little upset...
    I actually purchase the Mag from the local Borders Books. I was going to order a subscription but I decided to just buy them when they come out just incase I don't like one I don't need it.

- MilitantEidolon