Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Volvo Ghost"

Banned

The Volvo Ghost

In June of 2004, when Volvo released its 2005 S40, the advertising for it was subcontracted to Saatchi & Saatchi, one of the biggest European advertising companies.
    Saatchi & Saatchi taped a TV-commercial for the S40 in the French Alps, but the commercial was never aired.

When the crew finished filming the ad and the final cuts were made, the directors noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist. The ad was never even shown to Volvo executives (and of course never aired) because of this. I found a copy of the ad on the net, and I have to admit that - although I don't believe in ghosts at all - this stuff is pretty... weird?

When the car re-appears from under the trees, you can clearly see a "ghostly white mist"; it strongly resembles a human form - you have to look closely, but it's there. It kinda looks like it's looking you right in the eyes... creepy.

I don't know if the crackling noise you hear when the mist appears was on the original tape, but it only adds to the feeling I had (you might have to turn up the volume... it's kinda soft).

Any thoughts on this one?

Here is the clip - Right-click and Save As.

Regal Making Handler
    Lol, nice one Neg.
    I'm going to scare the kids with this. Haha.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Wow ....... geeze. Wasn't funny! Wow that moved me, headset. Ouch...... *Wide eyed*
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Du Ficken Das Arschloch Lecker !! That Das Blut In Den Adern Erstarren Lassen ! Erzaehle Mir Nicht Einen Mist! Mich Die Kacke Mich Pants Unehelich Mistkerl

- Das Blut / Kuerbis Der Zuhaelter

er0k
    scared the **** out of me

Heh heh heh.......glad that cup of coffee went on me instead of my keyboard, but damn it was hot.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

er0k
    well, now that i think about it, i have something to scare the bejesus out of my teachers tomorrow.. and others for halloween.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    You fscking a**wipe I peed my liederhosen lol jk . **** I was watching it like it was a normal car comerical and boom instant heartattack lol. Thats why I'm staying in the German Alps lol. ahhh...calm down kurt ...ewww

Veery interesting and great fun for Halloween at the office.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Cosmos, I was hoping something serious... Now, I got half the floor of my building including 2 VP looking at me because my speaker were on.

This should have been in tech humour!

Putting this cosmos was stupid.
    -Simon \"SDK\"