Thread: The Cookie Monster

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Post The Cookie Monster

Found and D/Led these two at : http://www.pcmag.com/

For all of us who wonder just EXACTLY what those little beasties are doing ...............

IECookiesView: Examine All Your Cookies
    Ever wonder what's inside the cookies placed on your hard disk? This no-cost program lets you display vital information about any cookie, including when it was created, last modified, last accessed, and more. You can also search for cookies by domain name.
    http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.p...SiteID%5Dpcmag

Cookie Monster: Free Cookie Manager
    If you want control over cookies, this freebie is the way to get it. Not only will the utility let you delete those already on your machine, it will let you automatically accept or refuse cookies on a site-by-site basis. You can even set the software to accept all cookies from sites on your Favorites or bookmark list
    http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.p...SiteID%5Dpcmag
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AOs Resident Troll
    Thanks

Looks like these may come in handy as everytime I set my security settings to high..I am unable to go to several sites...such as the Knowledge Base at www.microsoft.com and others

Go figure

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Morgan~

You might like to check out WinPatrol from BillP Studios. There is a free version.

The cookie control is very good.............it just lets them arrive then "eats" them........... both MS and this site are none the wiser

You can set generics and wildcards in it as well

Cheers

Thumbs up The FireFox Browser Has...

a similar feature to Cookie Monster. Although I don't think it is as flexible.

I currently have it set to prompt me to accept / disallow cookies, and you can do this for just the session. I like that it tells you when the cookie will expire so you can make a judgement.

Does IECookiesView work with cookies dowloaded when browsing using FireFox? A cookie is a cookie, right?

Interesting stuff Foxyloxley, thanks for sharing.
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

Simon,

I think that the answer is no...............I am using Firefox and I have cookies but WinPatrol does not see them, it only sees them for IE, so IE and Mozilla are using different files to store them in.

cheers

Thumbs up Thanks Nihil ...

quick question for you then ...

Does WinPatrol not see the cookies as it's expecting them to be where IE puts them?
    Do you "Crumble," your cookies to see what's inside them?
    If you do, what do you use?

OK that was three! lol

Perhaps I need to do some research on the FireFox project to see how they handle cookie information, then write my own "Crumbler?" Hmmmm!

Hi Simon,

Firstly, I may not have the latest WinPatrol
    Secondly, Yes it is looking for IE cookies and does not see my Firefox ones
    Thirdly, no I just splat them

However if (and may the Lord have mercy on your soul) you are using IE, then WinPatrol will not kill a cookie from a site unless you set a policy.

It is free so why not get a copy and play around with it?

Cheers

Johnno

AOs Resident Troll
    nihil and everyone

thanks for the tips...

Thats why I like this site...keeps me informed as I do not always have the time to research products etc being the multitasker person the fixes everything..from the photocopier to the phone system...or answering the "when Im in word how do I ???"
    Theres me opening up Word > help and walking them through the steps

Some times I actually get to fix a server\ computer here and there...although I seemed to have fixxed everything and right now I am waist deep in spread sheets to import into a new database.....fun fun fun

Much appreciated

MLF

How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Smile Thanks Again Nihil ...

by nihil

Firstly, I may not have the latest WinPatrol
    Secondly, Yes it is looking for IE cookies and does not see my Firefox ones
    Thirdly, no I just splat them
    I simply thought that a cookie was a cookie! I Didn't consider that there may be more than one variety / recipie. Duoh! This seems so obvious now!

However if (and may the Lord have mercy on your soul) you are using IE, then WinPatrol will not kill a cookie from a site unless you set a policy.

It is free so why not get a copy and play around with it?
    The Lord of the mannor doesn't have that kind of power around here any more! lol If you were talking about a deity, then I don't believe in them - but that's one for cosmos!

Nope! I don't use I.E. Except for Windows updates. I am curious now so if and when I get some marginal time, I'll get WinPatrol and investigate. Don't expect any quick feedback though, I have negative marginal time at the moment, just look at my mood!