Thread: CDONTS problem!

CDONTS problem!

Hi experts!!

Im building a web site for a friend, and its gonna be in ASP and includes CDONTS has for e-mail config to send e-mails for passwords etc.

The system is a machine PIII with 256Ram and a 640Kbs connection with Windows XP Pro.

Its only for his fun and joy

Im with it right now, and the CDONTS is configured but thers a doubt...why the heck it takes 21 minutes do send the e-mail for a forgoten password, for example?

Isnt there a way to short this time..at least for a couple of minutes? hum..is it the config? the connection?..

Thanx alot for any help

Cheers
    Owmen

Ninja Code Monkey
    Well, for starters you shouldn't send passwords via email. You should have an alternative authentication scheme (such as secret question/answer or something) that allows them to reset their password themselves.

Beyond that I'd check your mail server configs.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

im gonna have that in consideration, mean while, i have another doubt, i noticed that for ex, if send the message for hotmail or yahoo, the message goes to the mass mailling box..how can i make it go to the normal box? certificates???

cheers
    Owmen