Network Design Questions for the smart

Thread: Network Design Questions for the smart

Lightbulb Network Design Questions for the smart

First let me say that the feedback I have recieved seems to entail I am not doing my homework. This isn't homework as persay as a solution for several mixed answers that I have found either in books or on the internet. Nothing seems to pinpoint these questions to a solid answer. I will go into each question as I have found answers too and also to what my team has collected. As I stated, I am getting and finding several mixed answers on the below multiple choice.

#1. Which IPV6 address type would be used to allow end stations to send a request to the nearest file server using the same destination address regradless of the location of the end station?

a. Unicast
    b. Anycast
    c. Multicast
    d. Broadcast

CISCO mentions Anycast as a address that tends to like the "nearest" device. Nothing to specific though as to the question above on regardless of the location.

#2. Which TWO technologies are capable of reducing the amount of VoIP call generated traffic? Choose TWO:

a. Grade of Service (GOS)
    b. Quality of Service (QOS)
    c. Voice activation detection (VAD)
    d. compressed real time transport protocol (CRTP)
    e. automatic route selection

A stumper. Since GOS deals with bandwidth and CRTP is also a way to compress a call. VAD deals with making the packet smaller when silence is on the line. QOS is also a factor since it is used to manipulate traffic. I can't seem to find anything to significant on automatic route selection to give me hard evidence to believe it is one of the answers. I almost want to say there are three answers that are possiblilities...a, b, and c. Maybe even d?

#3. What provides reliable connections to Cisco-Call Managers in a voice-network design?

a. builing access
    b. building distribution
    c. enterprise edge
    d. server farm

I am thinking Server Farm here. The server functional area is typically the connection between call-managers and the network. Just want to make sure I am right.

#4. Which two of the following capabilities of NetFLow account can assist design with network planning? Choose TWO:

a. NetFlow can perform packet decoding and analysis
    b. NetFlow can give a time-based view of application usage on the network.
    c. NetFlow can meter packet and byte counts of network traffic.
    d. NetFlow can monitor processor time on network devices
    e. NetFlow can allow monitoring of user network utilization.

This is a stumper because I believe there are three correct answers here. b, c, and e. NetFlow is used to monitor traffic for billing purposes and collect info about a network. In the books I have and utilizing CISCO documentation, it discusses in not such detail but rather hints on the three I believe to be correct. Depending on what manual or form you read, b,c, and e seem to be relative. But remember, only two are right?

#5. In which TWO devices would you expect DoS attacks from the Internet in the Enterprise Edge Functional Area? Choose Two:

a. VPN/IPSec
    b. Public Servers
    c. WAN Module
    d. Database Servers
    e. Web Servers

another hard one. Surely Web Servers come up a lot. Database Servers also come up on documents that I read. Public servers are also there so why only two? At first I was thinking Wan Module, but then that isn't a device. Cisco's Design book speaks about what area's are in it (WAN Module), but don't discuss in detail what is inside these or the Enterprise Edge Functional Area that could get attacked by DoS. VPN/IPSec also has been given as an answer by some people I have discussed this with?

So that is it, I would greatly appreciate your feedback and maybe a link to where you have gotten your info so that I could read it for myself.

Cheers!!!
    Share on Google+

How do you expect to learn, whilst getting your homework done by strangers on the internet?

Why don't you explain what you think the answers are and why at the end of the post? , put at least a little effort in.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots
    Share on Google+

If I may be so picky, your question has nothing to do with smarts, but rather knowledge. That's not justify the fact that I don't know enough to formulate inasmuch as educated guesses about most of these questions, simply because I feel you would be mis-labeling a lot of people in the way this questions is formulated.

My two cents.
    /\\
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Are you puttung in your cisco question or wot? damn I haven't reached there..if it was 6 month later, I would have answered much of your questions
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Share on Google+