Thread: Defeating Honeypots

Defeating Honeypots

Security Focus is featuring a very interesting set of papers on defeating honeypots.

I had been doing some research on honeypots and planned on implementing one on my home network. I just need to get all of the necessary hardware to make sure that any traffic from my honeypot doesn't slip through to my private network. There are so many different ways to setup a honeypot and I've been trying to plan one out. It changes every time I read a paper on honeypots.

This set of papers makes for a very interesting read and gives one more ideas of what to do and what not to do to try and make your honeypot less detectable.

Defeating Honeypots Part 1
    Defeating Honeypots Part 2

Git R Done!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Originally posted here by 11001001
    See:

How to defeat a honeypot...
    that's OT --> but it really gave me a good chuckle!!

:-)
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"