Celcius 41.11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celcius 41.11

Celcius 41.11

It seems that there's a new political movie out there. This one going againts Moore and his Lies.

Watch the Trailer:

http://www.celcius4111.com/index.html

Banned
    Looks interesting...
    I still don't get this "Moore and his lies" thing, though. Fahrenheit 9/11 consists of:
    - Footage. Footage doesn't lie. Of course, it can be placed in a different context...
    - Statements gathered from various news sources. Every single one of those statements has been backed up by Moore. His website contains a list of every single statement made in the movie, complete with where he got it. I still haven't seen anyone disproof any of those statements.
    - Personal comments. These are very limited in Fahrenheit 9/11 and of course show some favoritism. But "lies"? I don't think so...

And that's about it

Originally posted here by Negative
    Looks interesting...
    I still don't get this "Moore and his lies" thing, though. Fahrenheit 9/11 consists of:
    - Footage. Footage doesn't lie. Of course, it can be placed in a different context...
    - Statements gathered from various news sources. Every single one of those statements has been backed up by Moore. His website contains a list of every single statement made in the movie, complete with where he got it. I still haven't seen anyone disproof any of those statements.
    - Personal comments. These are very limited in Fahrenheit 9/11 and of course show some favoritism. But "lies"? I don't think so...

And that's about it
    Its no use trying to convert Cybr1d Negative. He is too much of a Fox news Bush lover.

I do believe that possibly some of the facts in Farenhiet 911 might be distorted. It happens a lot in politics or political movies. Hell, the movie in Cybrids sig is just a bunch of scenes of John Kerry put together to show him in the worst possible way. (It leaves out most of his explanation of what he was saying) I do believe that you need to see the movie to diss it. Have you watched Fahrenheit 9/11 Cybr1d?

I just watched the trailer and its pure propaganda!

I am interested in seeing this for an alternate point of view, but I dont know how much I get out of it. We will see I suppose.

Its too bad thought that this is only playing in two theatres up in Northern Cali on 2 dates. (San Fran and Sacramento)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    CXG > but that's the problem: I don't think any of the facts are distorted - they're backed up more than anything I've ever seen. The way he visualizes it may be distorted, but not the statements made. Moore's site contains almost every single line said in that movie (here). If Moore's movie is such a lie, it should be easy to pick out any statement you want and disproof it. I've never seen anyone do it, though. The only criticism I hear is about how he presents the facts (in particular: the images he uses to "illustrate" the facts). I'm not discussing that - it's a movie...

Originally posted here by Negative
    CXG > but that's the problem: I don't think any of the facts are distorted - they're backed up more than anything I've ever seen. The way he visualizes it may be distorted, but not the statements made. Moore's site contains almost every single line said in that movie (here). If Moore's movie is such a lie, it should be easy to pick out any statement you want and disproof it. I've never seen anyone do it, though. The only criticism I hear is about how he presents the facts (in particular: the images he uses to "illustrate" the facts). I'm not discussing that - it's a movie...
    Neg: Ill check out the url. I just saw Fareinheit 911 a couple of days ago for the first time. I have to say that I thought it was a great movie. I had heard from different sources that some of the numbers in the movie were higher than the actuals... I will have to check it out.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I just watched the trailer and its pure propaganda!
    Its no use trying to convert Cybr1d Negative. He is too much of a Fox news Bush lover.

All I gotta say.....LOL

I'm not discussing that - it's a movie...
    I thought it was a documentary?

Now now jarrod ...lets play nice. Bush supporter...YES, Bush Lover....No. I dislike Bush just as much as Kerry....but I feel safer with him as president so he gets my vote(if I could vote).

I was actually cheering for Gore during the 2000 election...go figure.

Edit: I hate FOx when they show baseball games....their guys absolutely hate the red sox so **** em. I dont love Fox...but I'm not as closed minded as some to not watch it. I watch both the CNN and FOX....

Banned

Movie (n.) A contiguous series of video frames (and optionally synchronized audio) that are displayed fast enough to provide the illusion of motion. A frame rate of 30 frames per second is a typical target for a movie.
    I'd say it's pretty safe to categorize a documentary as a movie, no?

Have you seen it, Cybr1d?

So you didnt answer my question Cybr1d. Have you seen Farenhiet 911?

Edit: Neg beat me to it.

Seen most of it, downloaded a low quality one....but I refuse to have my money go to a fat discusting pig like Moore...I'll probably steal one when I get a chance...unless one of you wants to mail it to me

Banned
    I'll keep my copy

I could get you a transcript, maybe... will that be enough to help you point out the "lies"?