Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trojan horse Dialer.8.AP

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

After Downloading The Cleaner have you updated it ?..................update it and then scan with it.

have you tried the online scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com.

if AVG finds it whats the problem ..........is it not able to remove it gives you error message file in use ? ................if so try scanning in safe mode.

If still the sucker refuses to go Download HijackThis 1.98.2 .............Extract the Files into some permenant folder ...................scan and post a log here ................Do not delete anything yourself until you know what you are doing.

--Good Luck--

I just got a post from swordfish_13. Thank you I am trying your advice.

How can I tell if the virus is gone, off my computer? All the virus scans performed now come back clean, but I still am getting redirected to a msn homepage. I went back into internet options to change it. I didn't work. I guess is I still have a virus if it's still redirecting.

ANYONE?

I tried everything everyone has suggested including those of swordfish_13 and I am not sure which did it but it looks like its gone. All my scans come back clean and I am not being redirected to a msn home page after I changed my setting under internet options.

Thank you

Strange that it didn't work for the first guy but worked this time.....perhaps in the time between the two infections AV companies updated to deal with it better? And it sounds like there was not only the trojan but some other spyware and crap. Like a browser hijacker.... Perhaps just to make sure you've gotten rid of *everything* you may want to run Adaware or Spybot S&D just to clear out the "small stuff". Perhaps run both....but many people consider it overkill to run both. (I run both)

Spybot S&D
    Adaware

Thanks

I have run everything and cleared everything. Everything came back clean. I am still not having any problems with redirecting on my home page. I have learned my lesson.

Thanks again!