October 18th, 2004 07:54 PM
Insert an Item in the menu that opens as you right click on a webpage in Internet Exp
Insert an Item in the menu that opens as you right click on a webpage in Internet Explorer.
1. Start the registry editor.to do so , go to Start -> Run and type 'regedit'.
2. Navigate to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\
3. Create a new key and name it the way it should appear in the context menu, say 'Google Search' if you want a shortcut key,put '&' before the name, eg, '&Google Search'.
4. In the right pane, for the (Default) string,enter the website url, file name or program name that should run when the user clicks this new item.
5. Create a new DWORD value called 'Contexts' and put in one of the following values depending on where you intend the new item to appear:
All menus : F3
Only in image menus : 2
Selected text : 10
Table Content : 1
For Example :
To send tabular content of a webpage to an excel worksheet, set the (Default) value to:
'res://c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\OFFICE\\EXCEL.EXE/3000' and set the Contexts value to 8.
Note : The Path to your Excel executable( If Installed) may be different.
Inturn If this Tutorial has helped you in any manner, It would very kind, in turn to visit my small community for Programmers
Developers and Designers/
October 18th, 2004 08:20 PM
Good tip, but stop advertising. Use your sig for that please.
October 19th, 2004 11:52 AM