2 more countrys heard from
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 more countrys heard from

2 more countrys heard from

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135789,00.html

DUSHANBE, Tajikistan — Russian President Vladimir Putin (search) said Monday that terrorists are aiming to derail U.S. President George W. Bush's chances at re-election through their attacks in Iraq.

"I consider the activities of terrorists in Iraq are not as much aimed at coalition forces but more personally against President Bush," Putin said at a news conference after a regional summit in the Tajik capital, Dushanbe.

"International terrorism has as its goal to prevent the election of President Bush to a second term," he said. "If they achieve that goal, then that will give international terrorism a new impulse and extra power."

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/lat...278796,00.html

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's former prime minister has urged Muslims in America to vote for US Senator John Kerry in the Nov 2 presidential election, saying President George W. Bush has been 'the cause of the tragedies' across the Muslim world.

'Vote Bush out of office,' Dr Mahathir Mohamad said in an open letter dated Oct 15 to America's Muslim community. 'It is truly an ibadah (act of devotional worship) that you perform.'
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

No No, you have it wrong Putin. It's the fact that we are aggressive toward them (terrorists) that is the reason for their uprising in Iraq. Not that president Bush is eliminating their resources. If we are nice they will be nice. Oh wait that didn't work.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let's see here.... 2+2 == 5. I know there's a political point in this... *ponder* ah! there it is.

Putin endorses Bush saying the terrorist attacks are aimed at ruining his reelection chances...
    The Muslims endorse Kerry....

Hmmmmmm.

Which candidate poses the biggest threat to terrorism again? Who do they fear?

Pretty obvious on this end - and why I'm voting Bush.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

|3lack|ce
    Where do you see that malaysia's former prime minister has ties to terrorists? Could it be that just because he is muslim he must be a terrorist? Does that meant the all americain citizens who are also muslim are also terrorist? That is a scary way to think IMHO.
    I reckon that the best person to be elected from a terrorists point of view is Bush and the best way to get bush elected is to give open support to Kerry.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

********** |ceWriterguy
    Muracu, you might consider rereading my post. The ONLY mention of muslims was that they endorsed Kerry. I honestly don't give a rat's ass about their point of view, or of that of Malaysia's former prime minister, other than if they do have ties to terrorists, the undying wish to shoot them squarely between their beady towel-headed eyes. I have about a micron's more respect for Putin, and would sooner listen to Susan Sarandon's bleeding-heart political views.

What I *did* point out in that post was precisely what Putin expressed, in a bit different terms. The terrorists attacks are aimed at ruining Bush's chances in the election. Take it one step further - they don't want Bush elected. Take it another step - they fear him. Take the final step - I'd rather see a President the terrorists fear than one they don't.

Are all muslims terrorists? No, no more than all Christians are bible thumpers. Are all American Citizens who are muslims terrorists? They'd better not be, they swore an oath of allegiance on becoming citizens. So long as they honour that oath, I shall honour them. I agree with you that the concept of someone thinking otherwise is quite scary. However, none of the above was part of my post at all, and your attempt at taking my 'terrorists fear Bush' post to this extreme is quite the perfect example what Liberals tend to do when bested in an argument or caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Originally posted here by MURACU
    |3lack|ce
    Where do you see that malaysia's former prime minister has ties to terrorists? Could it be that just because he is muslim he must be a terrorist? Does that meant the all americain citizens who are also muslim are also terrorist? That is a scary way to think IMHO.
    I reckon that the best person to be elected from a terrorists point of view is Bush and the best way to get bush elected is to give open support to Kerry.

this man said, after 911, that america deserved the attacks for supporting israel. this isn't to say that he himself is a terrorist but hes definitly not on our side
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

er0k
    BlackIce >> where do you get off thinking that there are no natural born citizens who are also muslim? Remember that a muslim means someone who practices islam, not a nationality. Once again, the bigots like bush..

Blackice: So your basically saying that because a guy (who you have a micron of repect for) says that terrorists are trying to ruin Bushs chance of getting reelected you believe him? Does he speak for the terrorists? I seriously doubt the terrorists are doing what they are doing to try and get Bush out of office. They dont fear him, they are just doing what they have done for a long time. They are being terrorists.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    No No, you have it wrong Putin. It's the fact that we are aggressive toward them (terrorists) that is the reason for their uprising in Iraq. Not that president Bush is eliminating their resources. If we are nice they will be nice. Oh wait that didn't work.
    Oh I see, so we play nice to the terrorists, kiss their asses, convert to Islam, and follow their wishes? They are for the strictest, most harsh interpretation of Islam and despise everything that does not fall in line with their outlook. Their goal is the spread of radical Islam throughout the world, regardless of the cost or methods used. Could the current administration have done things smarter or to where the problems in Iraq (and other places in the middle east) aren't so bad? I think the obvious answer is yes; however, these fundamentalists are so radical that they would kill dozens of their own Muslim brothers (including themselves) just to kill one Westerner so that the jihad can continue (for whatever their reason is today). These are not people you can negotiate with nor are they the type you would play with nicely.

Do I think you can kill them all, no of course not. You can make it harder for governments to support and fund the groups, you can of course kill alot of the current ones, and through co-operation with other governments maybe even prevent a few of their attacks; however, these are all short term solutions. Until something is done to address the underlying problems that allow such a radical brand of Islam to spread feverishly (in my mind those would be rampant poverty, lack of sectarian education, and a lack of basic freedoms), new terrorists will continue to fill the ranks of those arrested or killed. On a side note, I think the US would be better served to be damned sure who they kill or drop bombs on...sure they may have killed some terrorist by dropping a bomb in a restaraunt, but how many more terrorists did they just make by the killing off the other people in that restaraunt.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

********** |ceWriterguy
    Once again, the bigots like bush..
    I'm not bigoted against Islam, I'm just bigoted against Eroks *weg*

where do you get off thinking that there are no natural born citizens who are also muslim?
    did I ever say otherwise?

So your basically saying that because a guy (who you have a micron of repect for) says that terrorists are trying to ruin Bushs chance of getting reelected you believe him?
    Yes. Just because I don't respect someone doesn't mean they're not telling the truth.

Does he speak for the terrorists?
    Probably not, but then again, he sells his nukes to anyone with enough coin to buy them, until we bribe him off of doing it...

I seriously doubt the terrorists are doing what they are doing to try and get Bush out of office. They dont fear him, they are just doing what they have done for a long time. They are being terrorists.
    You're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Oh I see, so we play nice to the terrorists, kiss their asses, convert to Islam, and follow their wishes?
    Not while there's breath in my body we don't. That wonderful by Nebulus that I agree with begs another question however... How many of you have actually *read* the Koran? If you're going to start supporting them, you might want to know whom it is you're supporting. For those of you who have at least read a snippet of it here and there, congratulations, you're better than 98 percent of the rest of the Christian world who hasn't. Hell, half the folks I know don't know what the Koran IS, let alone have read any of it... We *might* ask them about the Torah - there could possibly be a very few who know it as well.

Now back to Erok - I have several friends who happen to be Muslim. Some Pakistani, some Iranian, some natural born Texans who happen to have parents from the middle east. I have YET to see any of them offer anything but good to our country, even after being called in and grilled (5 times in one of my friend's cases) by the FBI post 9/11. Do I like the idea of them being so harangued? Not truly. Do I see it as a necessary evil? Absolutely. So do my friends - as a side note, the one that was called in 5 times had an employee who was part of some kind of sub cell... and sits quite well planted in Gtmo right now. Does that particular friend agree with his employee's arrest? Hell yes. He even went on record as to say he'd have shot him himself had he known.

This is my last posting on this. Y'all have a good day.