Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NMAP 3.75 Released..

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    My understanding is that it will work now, at least on Ethernet networks, because even though raw sockets no longer works right in XP they can get about the same thing done my constructing the raw Ethernet packets themselves. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks for the heads up TH13...

Is it just me, or is v3.75 a heck of a lot faster than prior versions?
    - Maverick

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Fyodor did a core rewrite on 3.70 and has improved upon it in this release. Yes, the F&&&r burns now.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ouch....

14 seconds to absolutely nail my WAP right down to the model number.... Only 1 port open on it too.... Nice....

Time to play.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Antionline Herpetologist
    And to all nmap win users, remember that most Nmap functionality will not work on XP SP2.
    Only if the Windows firewall is enabled.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

thanks......

sorry for bumping this age old thread ,but i kinda have a question which i need to ask

The other link for Nmap win interface, I am not able to download. Can anyone provide me an alternative site for downloading win interface Nmap.

Thank you
    can any one help me out ,i need the GUI version

do a google search for winnmap...
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Love the command line, live the command line is what I say. And to my understanding the *nix version is faster/better supported so I'd skip Window entirely (now that good boot CDs exist).

I also favor the CLI version. I've had some problems with the GUI.
    In short... I've never gotten it to work like it is supposed to. Maybe it user error... maybe not.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.