Hotmail hikes to 250Mb Storage

Thread: Hotmail hikes to 250Mb Storage

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

Hotmail hikes to 250Mb Storage

I just noticed something.....

Hotmail storage (at least mine) has gone upto 250Mb or storage? i havent paid for any accounts and this has happened overnight??

Can anyone else add to this? or am i just REALLY lucky

Screenshot attached

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

It is just strange that they do this... would it have anything to do with gmail and possibly competition?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

. would it have anything to do with gmail and possibly competition?
    Anyone with common sense would thinkof this first, of course its all about competition.....and i think they increased this a while ago, or was it 100 MB's ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, they did this a while ago. I've had 250MB storage on default hotmail accounts for about 3-4 months. I suspect that they are still propogating this through the system as occassionally I encounter people who don't have this kind of storage.

Definately about competition and such but it does lead to the question: why on earth would you need 250MB of storage space?! To handle all the extra spam?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

why on earth would you need 250MB of storage space?! To handle all the extra spam?
    Well then that gives good reason for the existance of Gmail totally....

I know Gmail has features and is designed for mass indexing of emails, but really thats the only thing (storage) they could have changed without violating something against Gmail..... they cant change the structure or its workings, so they give you more room.

CTO
    - Albert Einstein

WWWAAAAHHHH....hotmail dosen't like me. I am still at 2 megs of storage.

But thats alright as I don't like them very much either.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Originally posted here by moxnix

Don't worry, they hate me too mox! We should sue!!! lol...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Originally posted here by moxnix

Me too... I wonder if thats because I use them for a spam dump?

gmail pretty much has me covered. I keep sending myself all the left over invites... I think I have about 10 gigs of email storage now.... like I'll ever use it.....
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Maybe if they find a way to make each character in text take a meg rather than a byte... Then you might use it all
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.