excommunicated?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: excommunicated?

excommunicated?

i know that liberals think anyone with a religious opinion should have nothing to say, but this is still america so:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Senator Kerry, and all pro-choice Catholic politicians, who publicly call themselves Catholic yet who blatantly violate canon law by continuing to profess heresy and receive Holy Communion, must publicly reject their abortion advocacy for the sake of their own souls, and the others they have scandalized," Mr. Balestrieri said in a statement. "They have been excommunicated."

Only Ms. Collins is not a Democrat.

The letter to Mr. Balestrieri, written by another American canon lawyer at the request of a Vatican official, says that "if a Catholic publicly and obstinately supports the civil right to abortion, knowing that the church teaches officially against that legislation, he or she commits that heresy" and is "automatically excommunicated."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/po...rint&position=

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

this is really surprising to me for the catholic church had been about as stand up as the UN in the past.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Dang, that's pretty hard core...I don't agree with the concept of excommunication one bit, but it sure should make Kerry's religious aspect of his campaign strategy rather interesting from here...

wow why drag up this crap...see true catholics are for scantity of life, and while abortion is part of that so is gun control the death penilty, takeing care of the poor and underprivlaged and not fighting unjust wars in iraq. This is a bit from the head of catholic teachings in the vatican, probably a bit of a higher athority in the church (in fact only the pope's word would be higher). http://www.freep.com/news/politics/abort7e_20040907.htm

basicly in the catholic faith you are explicitly told not to shove your beleifes down some one elses throat, so while Mr. Kerry personaly beleives abortion is wrong he (rightly so) dosn't see a place for goverment to invade someones private life or determin there morals.

So why is it that the conservaties that are supposidly about smaller goverment and freedom are obseesed with dictateing how people should lead there lives?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    Greetings:

Following this logic, every Catholic that's ever used a condom or taken a birth control pill (both against Catholic teaching) is officially excommunicated.

The church is long past its prime, and is now nothing more than a vast collection of self made hypocrites.

Yeah. They've gone down hill since the good old days when they used to
    burn people alive for this ****. It's all bluff. They don't excommunicate anyone any
    more. You can even molest kids right there in the church building and not
    even get thrown out of the priesthood. They're all gay and don't want to admit it.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Originally posted here by rcgreen
    They're all gay and don't want to admit it.
    Can we PLEASE not confuse being a pedophile with being a homosexual?

Can we PLEASE not confuse being a pedophile with being a homosexual?
    Sorry, I couldn't resist the cheap shot, since most of the kids molested were male,
    those priests are both pedophile and homosexual, technically.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Greetings:

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    Sorry, I couldn't resist the cheap shot, since most of the kids molested were male,
    those priests are both pedophile and homosexual, technically.
    OK. I can agree that homosexual pedophiles is an accurate description then

Originally posted here by JP
    Greetings:

Following this logic, every Catholic that's ever used a condom or taken a birth control pill (both against Catholic teaching) is officially excommunicated.

The church is long past its prime, and is now nothing more than a vast collection of self made hypocrites.
    according to the catholic church those that use condoms etc. are excommunicated. which is why the statement suprised me, backing up such things is very unlike them. and i guess we can count mr kerry amount that collectiion of hypocrites, for thats where he places himself.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

er0k
    whats funny is Kerry personally doesn't advocate abortion, but merely votes for it because he believes it is in the best interest of the country. The catholics are being stupid about this one. (surprise surprise)