Thread: Red Xs instead of images!!

Red Xs instead of images!!

Hi all,
    Since I installed SP2 I've been trying to surf some websites, but instead of seeing some of the images I see a blank square with a red x in the corner. But that happened after installing SP2.
    I dont know if that has something todo with SP2 or some kind of change it has made to the registry or something, cuz it doesn't happen on all websites, just some of them. For example if I go to the Microsoft Website, everything is ok, but if I go to sun websites, I don't see the images.
    I've tried so many things that I'm out of ideas right now, and I wonder if anyone has any idea as to why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance!!
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...

is it possible that the web pages you are going to arent having technical dificulties? also check the settings on firewall, maybe for some reason its blocking some of the downloads to the temp folder?
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Thanks for your reply XTC46.
    Well, No, these webpages are not having difficulties cuz I've been able to view them from other computers, and I disabled Windows Firewall and Norton Firewall, I even uninstalled both of them but nothing seems to work....

what browser ? I know in firefox i added the adblocker and it blocked some avatars and images as well.....
    O.G at A.O

My sig has red x's instead of images because my dsl is down at home. (where I host the images) So you might of seen it in my posts.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I have IE 6.0 Windows XP....
    Any ideas?

try another browser and see if the problem presists.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO French Antique News Whore
    Internet Options, Advanced, Mulmedia, Show Pictures..

Good Luck,
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Try going to the Sun site and getting the latest version of Java. I had some weird problems, including this site, and that fixed it for me.

Other suspects might be ActiveX and scripting?

Cheers