Thread: Dont kill me

Dont kill me

its possibly a flame question but its been boggling my mind since i joined. how does the ranking at AO run? ive tried searching but all i see are antipoints (possible connection) i was just wondering if someone could break it down for me or give me a link to the answer i seek. And how come being here for a while doesnt get ya anything. 2 years aint enough????? thnx all
    APEX247

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Ok... your ranking depends on post count... how many posts you make. your antipoints are assigned from other members on how good your posts are.

You may have been here 2 years, but you have only 6 posts.... and probably nothing special so you didnt get any points either... therefore you dont grow.

However, after more that 2 years you should have know this by now.......

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"

If you mean why are you still a newbie after 2 years, this FAQ will answer it.

http://www.antionline.com/faq/faq.ph...aqnr=33&prog=3
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Never be afraid to ask questions like this, especially if you really looked for the answers first.

It is kind of sad how we have totally scared people into believing that if they ask about anti points they will get negged to hell

I guess for some people here, the colored squares under their name gives them status. For me this is a learning environment; a place to come and read about other people's issues and see what the collective brain power here has to say about it.
    There wasn\'t any paper used here, but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

post ranks go up depending upon how many posts you ahve made

i think its something like

Jnr Member
    Addict
    Snr Member

may have missed one out - been a while since i progressed through them

then if your really good you can get a custom rank - like you may notice below some of the members names - like mine

v_Ln

Addict
    Senior
    Custom Title

The titles and the dots don't mean a damn thing.

Cyber, your right. one would think after 2 years id pick it up eventually, only 6 posts still a newb and still askin questions. sorry. my bad. i just like reading not saying, i find that i understand more that way. i just havent had the time to makes posts of my own plus i never know what to say or how to say it. so once more sorry and thanks for the replies i got my answer.
    APEX247

I completely agree with you Apex:

i just like reading not saying, i find that i understand more that way. i just havent had the time to makes posts of my own plus i never know what to say or how to say it.
    There wasn\'t any paper used here, but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced