Thread: Faked shares

Faked shares

Is it true that some of companies are using faked share, to share so much as possible not working files to prevent share of original products?
    // too far away outside of limit

I am sorry I do not understand your question, could you say it again.

Is it about companies avoiding licence fees for software?

What do you mean by "faked share"

Could you give an example of an "original product"

Cheers

Lot of people are using P2P programs as kazaa.
    Companies can share files with the same name and size as original programs but with other content that dont working or are not a program (just random symbols inside of file).

It makes that people are downloading not working software and that makes it difficult to find working program.
    // too far away outside of limit

Thanks, I understand.

These are counterfeit files that are worthless.

I would suspect that the problem was more with individuals than companies. Internet/electronic fraud must be the largest growth industry in the World

I will put my "official" hat on:

1. If you purchase something in the open retail market, or privately in a legal manner. And YOU fulfil your part of the contract, you have recourse to legal support . That is "reptile speak" for "the law will back you up"

2. As soon as you go into the shady world of file sharing, you are very much on your own!

If you are dealing with a reputable company, then you will be OK...............otherwise it is the company that is fake, not the product. It is a very simple and ancient confidence trick.

I offer you something at a price that tells you that it is illegal. You pay me. I do not deliver because I know you dare not go to the authorities.

That's life

Regal Making Handler
    I think you are refuring to the counter file sharing tactics that are and have been used by oragisations like the RIAA. That involve offering bogus files for download via p2p networks. The idea behind this, from what i have read, is to frustrate peoples attempts to download copyright matterial.

The idea being an agent provocatuer offers a file for download. That file will be advertised as an atractive piece of copyrighted matterial. The latest chart hit or movie etc. The p2p user downloads this file and shares the file with many other users of the p2p network. The file however is bogus. Some examples friends of mine have downloaded; are music files that play a small clip of the music with a message that they are involved in an ilegal activity and directs them to a place where they can obtain a legal copy.

The reasoning behind this is that if enough people can be frustrated using this techneque. They will give up on the p2p networks. I no for certain that this has been somewhat successful, at least two of my friends that used to dowload music have given up in frustration.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry