Thread: A Question for all

A Question for all

Hi!
    I want to make a program in C or C++ which can run a .bat file from the folder in which the program is stored.

How can i make that file execute from the c program.

The problem is that how can i get to know from the program itself that where the user has stored the file without requesting the user to store it in a particular folder.

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
    system("Phile"); //where Phile is the .bat file

return 0;
    }

You mean, searching for a file? You could write a function for that, or use some already available library...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Hi!
    I exactly want to know that after the execution of the .bat file will control return to the next line in c program or to the dos prompt.
    If to the c program then can another file be executed likewise.

How can the file be searched in folders and subfolders??????????

Please reply soon

It returns control to the C program, in the previous example the only thing left to do was exit so...
    Code:
    #include <stdio.h>

int main() {
    system("Phile");
    printf("First batch file executed");
    system("OtherPhile");
    printf("Another file executed");
    getch();  //leet pause

return 0;
    }
    I don't know a good way to search for a file in all directories.
    Maybe you could execute a system("dir /AD > dir.txt");
    And then read all directories from the dir.txt file into an array or something and use that...
    Maybe it is possible in C to read system() output, in Java at least this is possible, my knowledge in C is very limited though in such things.
    From a design point of view it would be better of course not to use the method I just mentioned, it should possible to implement this in C relatively uncomplicated.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com