Forum Problem!

Thread: Forum Problem!

Question Forum Problem!

I'm very, very new to the world of PHP boards, so I'm quite lost at the moment.

All avatars on my forum have disappeared! I have no clue why. Earlier today they were fine. I've made no changes. Now, they're gone. EVERYONE'S avatars.

When I click on where the avatar should be and click "View image", I get this:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/uploads/av-1.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I don't have permission?! I'm the frickin' admin!

There's no password protection of this folder, and I haven't changed any access rights to it (nor do I know how to).

So could this happen when I've made no changes to the board? How do I fix it and get everyone's avatars back?

Forum located at: www.jameswebsite.net/forum

Can you check the permissions via an FTP program ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Well there's a File Manager on the web interface control panel. so I'm looking at permissions for that (note this is a Linux server at CompuWebHosting).

Permissions for /forum/ are set as 755 (read and execute permission for everyone, write permission for user only). I even tried setting it to full 777, and that didn't change anything.

Server error log keeps showing stuff like this:

[error] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] (13)Permission denied: file permissions deny server access: /home/jpanetti/public_html/forum/uploads/av-1.jpg

Ok, update --

This doesn't make a lick of sense. If I upload my avatar anew, then it appears! So until I can figure out what happened, I'm just asking everyone to reupload their avatars (not many users yet, so not a big deal). But I still want to figure out what caused this.

Doesn't make sense that I can't see existing avatars due to "file permissions", but I can upload new avatars and then see them. Crazy!