More ? on Home Search Assistant (Spyware)

Thread: More ? on Home Search Assistant (Spyware)

More ? on Home Search Assistant (Spyware)

There was a post on this a month or so back, but I have another question about it. I have spyware or adware that has hijacked my internet explorer and I am also unable to use AIM now, so I don't know if it is from the HSA or something else, but I've run adaware and spybot, and I've used the
    HSREMOVE program and it does not work. I went into remove programs and I have three different things that are all part of the same company or whatever that made this damn thing. I go to uninstall and it directs me to a site where it tells me to download a .exe file to uninstall. I know this is almost guaranteed to contain a virus/trojan or something that would love to frig up my comp even more, but other than reformatting I can't c anyother way to go. This is the link for it. http://looking-for.cc/uninstall/Home...Assistant.html That is the page it directs me to and then it says to click on a link to download the .exe If u guys have any ideas, let me know. Thanks a lot. One more question. I know I should have been using the proxy that's available through my campus network (at college) but I don't because I Have to keep putting in my password and login for EVERY page I go to. Any solutions for this? THanks again.

Yes I've already been to this site and I did c the fifteen page document on a way to remove it, but I'd rather reformat that go through all that, I was just wondering if there were any alternatives those choices.