Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cell phone jammers make way

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Post cell phone jammers make way

MONTERREY, Mexico - It was the reporters who noticed first. Unable to call their editors while covering the weddings of the rich and famous, they asked the priest why their cell phones never worked at Sacred Heart. His reply: Israeli counterintelligence.

In four Monterrey churches, Israeli-made cell phone jammers the size of paperbacks have been tucked unobtrusively among paintings of the Madonna and statues of the saints.

The jarring polychromatic din of ringing cell phones is increasingly being thwarted — from religious sanctuaries to India's parliament to Tokyo theaters and commuter trains — by devices originally developed to help security forces avert eavesdropping and thwart phone-triggered bombings.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6272681/?GT1=5472

Intersesting, about time....maybe they need to start handing out EULA's.

********** |ceWriterguy
    CHEERS! I'd dearly love to see such devices installed in American restaurants, alongside the traffic lanes of major highways, and other places where talking on one's cellphone either disturbs the peace or creates a danger to one's self or others.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    Greetings:

This should be outlawed federally, and outlawed fast! This is a denial-of-service attack disguised as a "do not disturb" convenience device.

Many people, including doctors, firefighters, and policemen rely on their cellular devices. Their ability to access these services can literally be matters of life and death for someone. To deny them access without notifying them, or even WITH notifying them, is just flat out not something our society should be condoning.

I have a strong feeling that US courts will agree with me on this issue in the near future...

Banned
    Originally posted here by JP
    Greetings:

This should be outlawed federally, and outlawed fast! This is a denial-of-service attack disguised as a "do not disturb" convenience device.

Many people, including doctors, firefighters, and policemen rely on their cellular devices. Their ability to access these services can literally be matters of life and death for someone. To deny them access without notifying them, or even WITH notifying them, is just flat out not something our society should be condoning.

I have a strong feeling that US courts will agree with me on this issue in the near future...
    I disagree... what if I own a store and don't want people using their cell phones in my store? What if I'm at a funeral and I don't want to hear someone blabbing on their cell phone? What I think should be done is at each location with a cell phone blocker, a notification should be put up warning the public they are entering a dead phone zone. Anyone who has an issue with it, doesn't have to enter... simple enough. Next, public servants have other ways of communicating, for example via radio on different frequencies.

As much as I dislike cellphones and the obnocious people who use them in a public place JP has a point. Youre on call first responders need to be at least notified that there cell phones will not work...If there was a way to allow pages/sms while block voice I would be for these devices other wise this is a risk to public safty.

Oh and JP why would the courts have to rull on this, it would seem to fall into the fcc and obstruction of public airwaves.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Yes, these devices would seem to go against the FCC's "must not interfere with other devices" rules.

I do believe that a jammer causes "harmful interference."

alongside the traffic lanes of major highways
    umm..yes and when someone is shooting at me I can thank you for wanting such things around the highway lol jk. Fight to the death is my motto. Anyways, going along with ;TT.....In places like churches, and restuarants should have nothing to do with governmental jurisdiction and should be allowed to have such things. Especially with the Church and state speration admendment. Its very annoying when a cell goes off between my preachers sermon talking about how bush sux, "click click-bang!!!". Think about this:: what did we do 10, 20 yrs ago when when we didn't have cells-at least not us common people?

Personally I think it is a HUGE violation of rights to have jammers in a public place of business without any form of notification. If there is notification, then it's ok, but otherwise, it should be outlawed.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Personally I think it is a HUGE violation of rights to have jammers in a public place of business without any form of notification. If there is notification, then it's ok, but otherwise, it should be outlawed.
    Yea just like the "billions" of cameras everywhere...

Don't start me on that subject... I am against it almost as much... My biggest argument against cell phone jammers is they are a means of communication and you need to be notified before your line of communication is cut. Cameras are simply nothing more than an invasion of privacy. They don't affect anyone except those being recorded and those who can watch
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.