Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic updates SUSE

Automatic updates SUSE

hello all,
    I'm newbie with SUSE. Till the moment i was using windows(and i'm still doing that) i'm very congused with Linux. Can someone tell me how to switch off automatic updates in SUSE?

Common. Someone must know that. PLEASE HELP!
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

Uhhhh, SUSE doesn't come that way, it only lets you know when there is an update, it won't actually update though untill you tell it too. Anyway, too get the little SUSE thing that turns red when there is an update, right click on it and close it. That's it.

Strange?!? When i was in internet for 30min i made 12MB. I was doing absolutly nothing. I don't beleive it is a worm, because i didn't have internet. That was the first time i run SUSE with internet. STARNGE!?!

Banned
    You made 12 MB? Rephrase your statement please.. I'm a bit confused...

Sorry. What means: "Rephrase your statement please" I'm not very good in English so can you say that in different way?

What he meant was "What in the Bi-Lingual **** are you talking about?" as neither him nor I can understand what you made with 12 MB.... You made 12 MB.... Uhhh, of what? And a Worm, won't run on SUSE.

What the hell do you mean 12 MB you made?

The word strange means un-usual, and I have no idea what you mean "I didn't have internet. This is first time I had SUSE Internet".... OK can you elaborate / go into detail on what it is exactly you're trying too do? Do you know another Language better than English you could type in?

most probably he checked for the amount of out/incoming traffic and realised
    that 12 MB were transferred withing 30 mins although he was not doing anything
    related to the internet - maybe except for listening to webradio.com
    I guess he had no internet-connection a week ago. Then, his parents bought him
    a modem, and since he read how insecure windows is, he decided to install
    linux before getting online...

/edit aah, and he wants to "switch off the automatic update" since he has
    a 56kb modem only.

and danielsd:
    if you want to check out what is causing the traffic, please check this excellent post
    as a good starting point:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...850#post801850
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)

Someone understands me. Thank you sec_ware that was nearly exactly what i meant .
    On my PC i have WIN XP(i love this OS), but because i want to learn a little more for OS, I started to learn LINUX.
    Yes, a week ago I didn't have internet. So that was the first time i started SUSE with internet connection.
    I don't have 56kb modem. I have cable internet, but i have a limit of 400MB per month. So perhaps you understand what means if the automatic updates are turned on.
    Hope, now you understood me. Gore if you want i can type in bulgarian , but i don't bel;eive there is someone that can translate it.

Next time i'll try express myself better. Sorry, for the inconvinience.

That's not a problem really, I can read English, German, Spanish, Some French, and Dutch, and a wee bit of others. I can sort of understand Celtic things too, so that's not a problem if your English is not top notch. One reason you may have soo much traffic, have you ever checked the services running? I made a tutorial for this and you might like too read it, it's called "SUSE Basics".

That, and what programs do you use? Some may use Network activity.