Security code

Thread: Security code

Security code

How do I fix my ATT Wireless Nokia 6200 cell phone? I get Security code on the screen when I turn it on & no help from ATT Wireless after trying a bunch of codes. I was sent to Nokia & I have to send the phone to Nokia Repair. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks !

Well, I'm no telephone engineer,

Could be almost anything..............is it new?.............do you work with computer equipment or near strong electro magnetic fields? Could be the chip/card got scrambled.

I would wait for the Nokia people to have a look at it. They may have to re-chip it.

Anyway, how come you don't know the security code? didn't you set it? I am sure that is only to get the phone to start, which would be why AT&T couldn't fix it.

I am sure that you will understand me not telling you how cellphone thieves do it

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    First post: No details in pofile : No details / background in post : A request to assist in a non-standard operation on a cell phone.

Either give [a lot] more detail, viz a vie your background or the circumstances pertaining to the cellphone:
    OR: we assume the worst of you........................

My cell works fine, since the day I bought it.
    Those nice people at the cell store even set it up so I wouldn't have to waste any time, before I could start spending money on it.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

sounds like a stolen cell phone to me...

maybe the user had a security lock for when the phone was turned on???

if it is not stolen, try the last 4 digits of your social security number, otherwise call your cell phone company and ask them what they set your security code to when the phone was setup
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Actually I change the security code whenI first got the phone last year & never used it. I just change the sim card from ATT but now the phone required a Security code which I never used & don't remember. I found an override code from another person but it is for 8200 cell phone & it is no good for 6200. Thanks for the reply

hmm... try the last 4 digits of your phone #.

i am pretty sure those devices have a hard reset. you will loose all you abooks and customizations. check the manual or their www site.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"

Antionline Herpetologist
    Take the phone to a Nokia service center, show them proof of ownership and ask them to reset it for you.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com