Anyone looking forward to christmas ?

Thread: Anyone looking forward to christmas ?

Anyone looking forward to christmas ?

hi,

anyone here looking forward to christmas and the christmas holidays, i know i am ?

anyway, this is my site :-

www.countdowntoxmas.com
    (countdown to xmas.com)

it counts down the times until christmas day.

What do you guys think ?
    -

i'm not particularly looking forward to it, but i'll get in the mood closer to the time. i'm still in summer mode at the moment you see.

your site looks grand.

i'd throw in some random statistics, like toys created per minute, number of elves working right now, number of elves not working due to malnutrition and/or plague. percentages of good and bad girls and boys. and of course, a countdown (dms) to when christmas is OVER, ha!

(it's not even halloween yet!)
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

lol, cool ideas man

Thanks
    -

no problem.

if you do go implementing other crazy ``statistics'' for your page, HAVE FUN!
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

you could have got a good picture of santa .. that dude on the site looks dodgy (is it you?)

As we're on the subject of Christmas sites - always a favourite for the geeks amoung us...

The Physics of Santa Claus http://student-www.uchicago.edu/~ras...a-physics.html

The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity.
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,

Nice sites (the Physics of Santa Claus was an interesting one). I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving myself. I have a project coming up in December that prevents me from being able to go on leave in December to see the folks, so I am going to celebrate my Christmas on Thanksgiving; without the tree and wrapped gifts I'm sure. It should still be fun. This will definitely be an odd year for me without being able to wake up Christmas morning and open the gifts under the tree... guess I should get used to it

Really sorry to hear that dude ... ahhh man that must suck. Anyway i hope you have an extra nice thanksgiving to make up for it.
    -

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have it better than a lot of folks. My twin brother is going to spend Christmas in Iraq... and he's been there since last January; so spending Christmas in California sounds so much nicer.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Christmas in Iraq sucks. Been there, done that. A bit off topic but that begs the request - if you know someone over there, (or even if you don't for that matter) send greetings, not just for Christmas. I know I used to look forward to reading and answering the 'any sailor/soldier' letters just as much as the ones from home - a real morale booster. www.anysoldier.us has a good setup showing how to do this for those interested.

Back to topic - am I ready for it? Absolutely. I sure wish the temps here in east texas would drop a LOT more though... maybe a good snowstorm or two...

be well and early happy holidays!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!