Thread: Problems setting up HTTPS thru a proxy

Problems setting up HTTPS thru a proxy

Maybe someone out there in antionline land can help me with a problem Im having with HTTPS.
    I'm setting up a friends box to use HTTPS thru a proxy, but no matter what I try I cant seem to get it to work. Everytime I go to an HTTPS://www.xxxxx.xxx address it just defaults to an HTTP://www.xxxxx.xxx. I have checked to make sure that the proxy supports SSL/HTTPS, and that the firewall is open on 443. I suspect it has something to do with the firewall, but im not sure. The box is running ME, I would be most gratiful for advice from anyone...

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    What browser are you using?
    what proxy are you using?
    when it defaults to HTTP does it open the page, or is there no access at all?

If you think it has something to do with the firewall why dont you disable it then try? at least it eliminates it iether way. Let us know.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    Are you sure that the site you're going to uses SSL?

If you go to https://www.google.com you'll be redirected to http://www.google.com.
    That's because google doesn't use SSL.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thanks for the responses. I was able to find out what was going on. It seems that an older version of some openssl software was installed on the system that caused some unwanted/buggy behavior, I uninstalled and restarted and everything worked just fine, a dll component had a coding error that caused HTTPS requests using proxy's to fail. Everything's ok now...
    We are a generation without a middle. We have no great war or depression. Our war is a spiritual one, our depression is our lives. We were all raised to believe that we\'ll all be millionaires and rockstars - But we won\'t.
    And we are slowly learning this fact...And we are VERY pissed off about it!