Thread: How much for AO???

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

How much for AO???

I know that when JP sold AO, that he made a fair bit of money from it. the reasons behind the sale/purchase of AO is mute... what i wanted to know is this:

How much would JUPmedia sell AO for, and to who and why?

i mean, you bought this site for which ever reasons, and i wanted to know has this site increased in value... have you gotten what you wanted and more?? basically i wanted to snoop into the "WTF is going on over here" section of most board rooms

Has AO just dropped off or is it nice and steady??

Kind of a question for owners, but possibly more ppl know than they let on??

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    The details of the deal most likely will not be disclosed to you.

Back in the "hayday" when JP owned the site, he was a relentless marketing whore (a good thing). After the site was sold off, there was some talk of the deal going sour because of "misrepresented" traffic totals. JP and Jupiter media apparently had it out over some undisclosed amount of money that (I believe) never made it to JP after the sale was complete. There are a few threads here that detail this.

Today, AO is not marketed nearly to the degree that it once was. One could argue that it has enough exposure to maintain itself but others will say that Jup should be doing more. Thus far, the only places I've seen AO plugs is on all Jup sites and a handful of low traffic personal sites.

Anyway, that's about all I can offer up. Perhaps others can fill in the gaps.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I didnt want to know the details of the deal. i just wanted to know if the site went anywhere afterwards, and by what your saying horse, it did... but it was straight down.

If JP never recieved the money he was supposed to, wouldnt that mean Jup 'stole' AO (Do not Quote me on that ).... if thats the case, JP would have had somethng to say about it, if not through court, then publicly. Why wouldnt he? i havent heard anything of this though, however i wasnt really around when AO was sold.

Anyways.... what was the point of Jup buying AO if they didnt do anything with it?? maybe they stole [srry, borrrowed] great ideas out of forums.... who knows. but if what your saying is true about the site not really getting marketed, what was the point??

any Jup mods wanna add input.. hehe, we wont quote you either

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Banned
    What's it matter? The deal between JP and Jup Media is the business of only JP and Jup Media..

Only thing you need to know is that Jup Media owns the site now and is in control of it. How they handle the events and updates of this site is their business.. and they can do as they please... because in the end, AntiOnline is now THEIR site.

What happened with the transcation of money, the arguements between the two parties, and etc has no place on this forum and this discussion is for them to settle, not for us to argue over using alleged events.

So I suggest that if you would like to know more, you open up your private messaging folder and send intmon/mnstgrl a PM or click http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/executive.html and use the e-mails provided and delete this thread because this is an issue that has no place on this forum.

;TT.... STFU!

This is a forum, that is open to suggestions. i wanted to start a topic cause im interested in where AO is headed.... im not asking for any details that a private or none of my concern, and IMO im not doing anything wrong by talking about it. if someone has a problem, they will say so, like you... thats what a forum is.....

Just because its Jup site, and only theirs doesnt mean ****, there is no site like this without members, and if AO is going down the crapper thats exactly whats going to happen....

CTO
    - Albert Einstein

Anyways.... what was the point of Jup buying AO if they didnt do anything with it??
    I believe the hude user database got their attention somewhat, as you know ads have been put on the site after jupm bought it. They make money off them, it's business, they're a company to make profit, they saw a good opportunity and grabbed it, why not ?
    O.G at A.O

as you know ads have been put on the site after jupm bought it. They make money off them, it's business, they're a company to make profit, they saw a good opportunity and grabbed it, why not
    Yes, but those ads dont make money if the traffic stops, and the members leave. there are plenty of security forums out there. we all prefer AO for our own reasons, but if Jup dont look after us i rekon thats what going to happen.... the site quality has steadily been degrading and i really want to know what to deal is.

who do you have to screw to get a good site these days....

CTO
    - Albert Einstein

I beleave AO would only improve if JupM would wake up and realise that all this blue coloring is counter-acting agianst AO's play-doh' container look. And sure JupM's designs sucks balls but if anyone has screwed something up it is all these members with these "fresh idieas" such as the thread AP system which sticks out on top of threads like a thumb that has been beaten with a hammer or is some kinda ugly stain that won't go away.

In spite of what some have said, AO is doing ~quite~ well and continues to get more traffic than ever before. We're not interested in selling it, and won't be providing any details on the transaction between ourselves and JP.