Can someone help me with this error?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me with this error?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Can someone help me with this error?

The application or dll c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office 10\mso dll isnt a valid windows image. check agaist your install disk. i recently got office XP from a friend... it worked but now it stopped, he has the install disk? any ideas? thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    It's Office XP... you got it from a friend.. you didn't pay for it and you're supposed to... you're trying to use it while you're not supposed to - or am I getting this wrong?

the only reason i got it from him is because office XP cost around $200 im just a poor college student who doesnt have 200 dollars to drop for that... im sorry if its wrong but i just dont have to money and i need to to type papers for my english class.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    You could get the Student and Teacher Edition... it allows you to install on upto 3 boxes (or use Open Office for free... it lets you save files in Office format).

well thanx for the tip, i didnt know that... but could u please tell me what that error is just so i know for future reference. thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

If your teacher requires you to submit your work in a Microsoft
    format, you should complain. There is plenty of free software
    out there, if people are willing to use open, non-proprietary
    file types.

As for your DLL, you could enter its name into a google search,
    and maybe some kind soul out there will let you download it.
    But maybe your program has become inop because it was designed
    to act this way.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    As I recall, you have to register/activate various modules of OfficeXP individually with Microsoft. Otherwise it is like the XP operating system, and will stop working after a while.

As I have never had an installation "expire" on me I don't know what message you would get, but that seems to be a possibility.

Try "Easy Office".............it is free and MS compatible. There are a number of other free office suites as well.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

actually rc green my teacher DOES require me to submit my work with MS word and she said for every paper she gets that isnt in MS word format she will take 10 points off my grade
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    actually rc green my teacher DOES require me to submit my work with MS word and she said for every paper she gets that isnt in MS word format she will take 10 points off my grade
    So uninstall Office and install OpenOffice. I use it for my Word docs and PowerPoint Presentations (the school uses office but since I hate using that product on my Slack..) and suggest to students to use it. Go and download it here.

Being "poor" doesn't necessarily mean having to pirate software. There is enough freeware/open source to answer pretty much anything. Heck on my windows system I have a free Office suite (Open Office), free firewall (Sygate), free Spyware (Adaware, HijackThis!, CWShredder), free AV (Trendmicro's Online Housecall, AVG) and free browser (Mozilla). Why would I want to pay or even pirate when I can get what I need off the Internet -- LEGALLY -- for free?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

she said for every paper she gets that isnt in MS word format she will take 10 points off my grade
    yeh.. 5 years ago we had a local school require ALL written assignments Computer Printed.. or the assignments were failed.. neat hand printing was not accepted.. Computer ownership at that time was less than 1 in 25 homes in the area.. we got the policy in writting and submitted a complaint to our local State and Federal members of Parliment, state education minister.. solution.. number of PC in the local schools tripiled before the end of the year.. policy on marks still stand.. No insult to any of the teachers that frequent this site.. but some Teachers live in their own fantasy world.. the techno illiterate ones, who have their software provided forget that some ppl have to pay ..

undies gets off his soapbox.. returns to corner
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr