Thread: Microsoft Patch MS04-032 and Acrobat Reader

Microsoft Patch MS04-032 and Acrobat Reader

Has anyone seen issues with Adobe Acrobat reader after installing the Microsoft MS04-032 (840987) patch?

I apologize for not having the version information or specific error messages, but I'd like to start some data correlation as soon as I can.

It would be better if you provide you Adobe Acrobat version,
    but anyway I have Adobe Acrobat V 6.0.0.5 and i have MS04-032 (840987) update installed i have no problems at all. Both Adobe and Windows work fine.
    One more thing. It would really help a lot if you describe your problem.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Sorry for the delay, things have been busy.

Adobe Acrobat 5.05, 6.02 are affected. For the most part, a reboot after installing the patch seems to fix it, but there have been some cases of having to reinstall.

I have Adobe 5.05 and the MS patch and have had no problems.

Mind you I probably downloaded the patch with several others and had to reboot afterwards anyway, and I always turn my machines off at night.

What needed reinstalling, the MS patch or Adobe?

Cheers

After some investigation, it looks like several applications, including adobe acrobat reader 5 and 6, and IBM Client Access v 4 do not function after the patch is installed - if the machine is not rebooted. Once the machine reboots, the majority of these problems go away. We have had to reinstall acrobat on a few machines, however.

The patch was originally distributed supressing the reboot, to reduce the interference to business operations.