Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: try2hack.nl

Hi rktak

I am glad that it was helpful to you. I used Ethereal, which is the best
    sniffer I know (and also the only one ). The packet I have posted was
    a 1-to-1 copy from Ethereal. Hey, you were quick in decoding! Excellent.

Cheers

[1] http://www.ethereal.com/download.html
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)

hi, i'm back :)

i tried a lot to clear level 7 using telnet however am not able to get to the next level's link! (link is freely available though using search engines!!!) searching the web gives lots of solutions however none of them are helpful in clearing the level successfully or may be i'm doing something wrong!? any ideas!?
    keep smilling

Elite Hacker
    Look at the http rfc. You have to forge your user-agent and referer to what they want it to be, then it will link you to level8. You had the right idea with telnet though.

dude i really dont get this site or www.hack.ae its a little complicated.defennently if u dont know what u are doing.some 1 give me a hint and i should be fine the rest of the way.

well, the first level of hack.ae is guessing a default password... so i would say, use the hint to guess the password

thanx for the hint.i must be blind or something, but now they dont give any type of hint.i have tried anything related to the first password i can think of but now im out of ideas.im in a class at a tech in oklahoma,and thats where i got the idea for the first pass, but now i have been guessing with stuff about and around it and im not completely but close to clueless.

another hint --> routers

you are very right

dude what do u meen "routers"

Not to sound like jerk or anything, but the whole purpose of the site is to figure it out on your own. The levels are suppose to get harder, and the ways of getting to each level are not suppose to be as simple as just asking someone.

To be honest I spent almost an hour on getting to level 4 and I enjoyed it. I searched google for more sites like try2hack and mostly what I came up with was websites flooded with the answers, I have not played the site since in hopes that the owner will change the passwords/usernames needed so I can once again enjoy the site.

A website called hackerdrills.org shut down for just this reason. People are are just too lazy (only word I can think of) to try things on their own.

But hey, I've peeled the stickers off the rubiks cube, but it just doesnt seam as fun.
    Whats a \"START\" button?