Processor Sharing?

Thread: Processor Sharing?

Processor Sharing?

Someone I met on another forum says he has this setup:
    I have 3 Area 51's
    2 28" Flat Panels side by side on my Windows Comp
    2 On Linux, 1 On Windows.

the 2 linux 3.6 processors are all feeding into the Windows Processor giving me an approx speed of ****ing 10 GHz
    I want to know if that is possible, and if so, how? Thanks.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

He's feeding what is known as Bull ****. Or there is a .00000000000000000000000000000001 percent chance that he's a computer genius who designed a new architecture that we are all waiting for.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Re: Processor Sharing?

have 3 Area 51's
    2 28" Flat Panels side by side on my Windows Comp
    2 On Linux, 1 On Windows.

the 2 linux 3.6 processors are all feeding into the Windows Processor giving me an approx speed of ****ing 10 GHz
    Man this can be anything.

some tries:

1) he has 3 computer with a sum up of 10 GHz. 3x3.6 ~= 10 GHz. But its just a sum up, not a real capacity.

2) he using some kind of cluster, balancing workload between computers (possible)

3) he has a special software, that can run in several O.S., doing a load balance (possible)

4) he is a dumb ass with a duron 1Ghz and he is trying to show himself as a "big guy" (most possible)

anyway, do you have more information about that config, such as "what is he running there?"
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

The 10ghz was ment as their additive speed, and he says a friend set it up, so he doesn't know specifics. Can you please explain #2 and #3 more cacosapo, as those seem like the most likely possiblities to me.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Well, it sure does not stack up to the XK133 I have 100X from his house.............with 9.57 to run

Bullsh1t absolute.............a PI/133 has more intellectual potential............

Would you like to buy some insurance, or maybe a used car?

Not the best post I have seen on this site..............

I have 300 4ghz linux PCs Feeding a Windows XP box which gives me a 3 Terahertz super computer named AL 9000. My name is Dave.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You lie... Your name is Fred!!!!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Freddy Phrack.
    West of House

I would think that most likely he's having them clustered, but I personally don't know enough about cluster software to see how inter-operability between various OSes is.

Sure CPUs only know 1n0 so it wouldn't matter what OS is running, but there must be an app interconnecting them properly.

And to say that the average speed is 10 GHz is a gross misrepresentation regardless of the three boxes being clustered or not. He should've bought something non-AlienWare and he could've had about 5 boxes amounting to much more processing power [or even 6 if he knows where to buy parts from].

But I should tell you guys that I'm writing this post from a speech-controlled termina.. it's basically just a screen with voice recognition and that's all... runs processes on a wireless CPU I have at home, and the whole monitor works as a satellite dish ensuring me a minimum speed of 3 GBps. Yeah, it's kinda like that
    /\\

And I have a 12" pen1s................but I do not use it as a rule