Thread: compiling error -- windows.h

compiling error -- windows.h

Greetings, I have been trying to compile a program all day, and i have finally debugged it to the point where i am only getting 1 error (multiple times)... attached is the output from the compiling, and the error is that the compiler is looking for windows.h -- this file did not come with visual studio .net 2003 enterprise architect nor did it come with the program that i am trying to compile in windows.

does anyone have any ideas on what i might be able to do to make this error go away -- also, where could i find a copy of windows.h and all the other file dependancies that it would need (that would work for windows 2k/xp/server 2k3)

thanks
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Re: compiling error -- windows.h

Originally posted here by djscribble
    attached is the output from the compiling, and the error is that the compiler is looking for windows.h
    It's not there.

At any rate, some pre-emptive googling turned up:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Prog..._21120370.html
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Hey Hey,

Looks like you forgot your attachment....

Anyways... are you sure you don't have it? I just checked... I've got .Net Professional... but you'd think it would be the same as far as headers go... check <install folder>\VC7\PlatformSDK\Include
    You should find Windows.h in there....

If not you can download the PlatformSDK and it should include the file -- http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/...msdk/sdkupdate

Peace,
    HT

OK i got all the windows.h errors stomped out however now i am getting the following error (here is the updated contents of what was supposed to be attached in my last message):

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /nologo /MT /W3 /GX /O2 Public.cpp ChainWalkContext.cpp HashAlgorithm
    .cpp HashRoutine.cpp RainbowTableGenerate.cpp /link kernel32.lib gdi32.lib li
    beay32.lib /nologo /subsystem:console /machine:I386 /out:rtgen.exe
    Public.cpp
    Public.cpp(68) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    Public.cpp(97) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    Public.cpp(169) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    ChainWalkContext.cpp
    ChainWalkContext.cpp(64) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    ChainWalkContext.cpp(81) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    HashAlgorithm.cpp
    HashRoutine.cpp
    HashRoutine.cpp(44) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    HashRoutine.cpp(53) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
    RainbowTableGenerate.cpp
    Generating Code...
    LIBCMT.lib(a_env.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetEnvi
    ronmentStrings@0 referenced in function ___crtGetEnvironmentStringsA
    rtgen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    i have no idea what the signed/unsigned mismatches are nor what the libcmt error is...

thanks for the help

[edit]
    don't worry about the lib errors, i just found that when i installed visual studio, it did not setup the paths to all the libraries, once i fixed that then i was able to get the program compiled...

now i just need to know what the mismatch means
    [/edit]
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM