Bush site bars overseas visitors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush site bars overseas visitors

Bush site bars overseas visitors

Hi
    just seen this as I was checking out the news on the BBC's web site. Apparently Bushs campaign web site no longer accepts visits from forigne visitors or even form americains living abroad. Anyone knows why that is?

Surfers outside the US have been unable to visit the official re-election site of President George W Bush.
    The blocking of browsers sited outside the US began in the early hours of Monday morning.

Since then people living outside the US trying to look at the site simply got a message saying "access denied".

The blocking does not appear to be due to an attack by vandals or malicious hackers, but as a result of a policy decision by the Bush camp.

Traffic control

The international exclusion zone around georgewbush.com was spotted by net monitoring firm Netcraft which keeps an eye on traffic patterns across many different sites.
    BBC news link
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Hmmmm i wonder why ....................but you can visit it through any Ananomus Proxy based in USA ..

i used http://www.the-cloak.com/ ( I live outside USA )

Later on in the same article it says

Mike Prettejohn, president of Netcraft, speculated that the blocking decision was taken to cut costs, and traffic, in the run-up to the election on 2 November.

He said the site may see no reason to distribute content to people who will not be voting next week.
    I think that might be the reason ....................what else it could be ?

--Good Luck--

Except for the fact that most americains living outside the us will be unable to view the sight except for the technically competent ones that is.
    I just find it funny that the site is blocked to people outisde the "homeland".
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Interesting. As a Canadian, I'm able to access it (using a definately Canada addy -- ending in on.ca). Perhaps specific overseas countries?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Sounds like just anyone outside the north americain IP adress zone.
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

can anyone list a euro proxy so i can see for myself?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Tedob1 So you don't trust us do you ?

Pick one or two from here:

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

I wonder if the Chinese ones would work?

Maybe its a conspiracy theory that Bush has been having sex with Aliens, and is about to give birth to oil sucking little alien triplets to help USA get more oil????

OOOOOOORRRR maybe they don't really give a **** (Which they shouldn't) about distributing that content to overseas countries prior to the election to save the max bandwidth for those people who are still using dial-up?

Banned

bush ???

hey i am not authorised to view gwbush website not the same with john kerry,
    ( can you see the attachments)
    if you cannot here is what i get

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.georgewbush.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer
    well swordfish_13 i also tried using the link of the http://www.the-cloak.com/

here is what i get

Your IP address is temporarily blocked because you or someone else from your IP or someone else using the same proxy as you have recently used this service.

If you are using the pay service then you may have forgotten to enter your PIN on the login page - you should enter it into the first text entry box.

It is necessary to block IPs of free users to maximize the number of people who can use our limited bandwidth resources.

You will be able to use this service again in 5 hours 19 minutes 6 seconds
    so what would you say at that, i checked with my admin , he is also having the same problem .