Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Based aim for shell

Text Based aim for shell

Hi all .
    looking for a text based aim client i used to have one did the job perfecly but i cant remember the name i just want to be able to connect to the aim service from my shell w/text only aim client any help would be nice . thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Windows or Linux?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i'm looking for one for windows, i'd like to try one out, do u know of any ?
    O.G at A.O

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Thing is, I don't know of any for Windows specifically. I suppose you could take something like centericq and port it with cygwin or another compiler...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

can't you connect via an IRC client ? is there and IRC command to type in the usernmae and password after the /server command ?

like /server login.oscar.aol.com 5190 /MemorY /password

?
    O.G at A.O

©opy®ight: I use PuTTy and connect to basically the same thing and use it text-based through that. I believe we actually talked one time through me doing that, I'm not sure..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Ok i downloaded it, how do i set this up now ?
    O.G at A.O

Well, see you can do one of many things. Either connect directly to the server or connect (what I do) through a shell service and then go. You should search AO for websites that give free shell accounts (I think sdf.lonestar.org still does, not sure though). I use a shell account for all of my 'net searching, browsing, chatting, etc to make sure things are masked.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I have a thread in the OS forum about Naim which sounds just like what you're looking for.

Now, off topic:

Umm, is it just me, or is the Internet lagging too crap today? It's only certain pages I visit, but a lot of them seem too be lagging. At first http://www.antionline.com couldn't be found, then Linux.org, then yahoo was lagging, a few other pages work fine and AO is working but lagging bad. Anyone else experiencing this?

If I have to redo my router I'm going too cry.

gore: No problems here. Actually (for once in some time) all systems go and at a fast rate here. Good to see ya by the by, gore.
    Space For Rent.. =]