Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get password from Cookies?

How to get password from Cookies?

Hey anyone can tell me how to get password from cookies?

What application should be used?

Where to find it?

Just Another Geek
    Hey anyone can tell me how to get password from cookies?
    That depends on the cookie. Not all cookies contain passwords.
    And it's a bad habbit, storing passwords in cookies.
    Chances are there are NO passwords stored in the cookies you're interested in.

Maybe you should first find out what a cookie is and how it's used?

Perhaps you should look around this site a bit more before you start posting?
    Best starting points would be the newbie and the tutorial sections.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I realise that English is not your first language, but you really must try to ask better questions. That is, give sufficient information to let someone try to answer it if they so choose.

1. What operating system are you using?
    2. What browser and version are you using?

What is the password to?..............that is who set the cookie?

Why do you want to extract the password. If the cookie has the password it will handle your connection all on its own, and you do not need the password. If it does not, then the cookie is corrupt, and the information would be useless.

Unless you convince me otherwise I can only assume that your intentions are somewhat less than honourable.

Exclamation same problem

I need to know how also. I had my passwords saved onto my IE and now my idiot brother deleted my cookies and all my passwords are gone. Thankfully i saved all the cookies thinking this might happen but when i put them back to my folder it didnt have the saved passwords. If there is anyway you might beable to help me contact me at grkkilla200@yahoo.com Or post in here. Thank you for your time and i hope you can help me

Ps. sorry for reviving a old thread but ive been looking for some way to do this for about a week or so

As stated previously Cookies usualy do not store passwords, they store settings thats about it. you passwords are stored in your internet options under the "Content Tab" and as also stated previously you may want to search the website for help answering your question(s) or a thing called the internet
    LOGIN: yes
    PASSWORD: I dont have one
    "Login Failed"

Step 1: Crack the cookie open.
    Step 2: Peer inside closely. Oftentimes delicious chocolate will sneakily cover up the needed password.
    Step 3: Copy down the password! You don't want to lose it again.
    Step 4: Consume the cookie. Leave no crumbs.

Just Another Geek
    grkkilla, your brother deleted your stored forms/passwords..

Internet Options -> tab Content -> Button AutoComplete...

No way to revive them.. You'll have to enter them again or go through a "I forgot my password" procedure if you can't remember them.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

In IE6:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Intelliforms\SPW

In IE7:

Same as above, but replace the "SPW" with Storage2

That is where your stored user IDs and passwords reside, so if you have a recent backup of your Windows Registry you should be OK.

I am not sure if going back to your last restore point would work, as I don't know if it contains a complete Registry save.

this is a similar question but in need of a serious answer. i am trying to find out how to get a password for a site my daughter was on and delete her account because i found out she was writing to an older man. she is 17 right now. but her mind is more like a 14 yr old. i need to make sure she is safe. and not talking to others. so need to figure out how to get the password or how to look up pages she was already on.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornstubborn View Post
    this is a similar question but in need of a serious answer. i am trying to find out how to get a password for a site my daughter was on and delete her account because i found out she was writing to an older man. she is 17 right now. but her mind is more like a 14 yr old. i need to make sure she is safe. and not talking to others. so need to figure out how to get the password or how to look up pages she was already on.
    Greetings.

What Operating System, And what is the Browser & version number that is being used on the PC?

does she use a paid / free e-mail service?