Thread: Motherboard

mother broad

Going to build a home pc.What is a good mother broad to day.

i personally prefer the ASUS mainboards, i have several systems with one, and they all are great

I tall to five other person and they said the same thing.I went to tigerdirect.com and got one.

Good man!

I have used ASUS on many a build and they are good. If you are not doing it on a regular basis, Gigabyte are pretty good also............very good diagrams, layouts, instructions and so on.

For anyone else reading this thread, PLEASE do not go for PC-Chips, in spite of the price....

Please enjoy your build and the finished product

Thank for the help bro.

I built my own system and i used a MSI mother board it works just fine for me
    There is all way\'s one way to fix a computer. Our i think sow at least

www.americasarmy.com

i also recommend ASUS its really great using ASUS, there are several varieties of motherboards form factors you can choose ATX, AT, Baby At, NLx.....
    Its also good using MSI and Epox. . but you dont have really good enough money to buy these boards you can choose the cheapest ECS mohrbrds.
    If you know the documentation of the mthrbrds its better to analyze and read it for your own good and satisfaction. Thanks

As a brand I'd recommend Asus as well. I've also used MSI with great results in the past but I think right now Asus would be the brand to go for.

However which specific motherboard would depend on your other needs. Do you want an intel or AMD processor? AGP or PCI-E video card? Do you want to use RAID? Do you require onboard sound or LAN....

There's an overwhelming amount of different Mobo's on the market at the moment. I suggest you read up on al or most of them ;-)

Good luck!

As opposed to starting a new thread, I have my own motherboard question. The new AMD Athlon 64 processor has a 1600+mhz FSB speed. What good is it without a motherboard that can match that bus speed right? I cannot find a motherboard that has a 1600mhz bus speed. Any suggestions of one or where I can find one?

Originally posted here by apage
    As opposed to starting a new thread, I have my own motherboard question. The new AMD Athlon 64 processor has a 1600+mhz FSB speed. What good is it without a motherboard that can match that bus speed right? I cannot find a motherboard that has a 1600mhz bus speed. Any suggestions of one or where I can find one?
    try to see this one

www.motherboard.org
    www.tomshardware.com

you will gonna see a lot of MOB there.....
    If you want an ASUS MOB go to your nearest ASUS MOB dealer and ask for the compatible one with your Athlon 64.