Setting up Linux and then there is Windows

Thread: Setting up Linux and then there is Windows

Setting up Linux and then there is Windows

Her I go again, I am in the process of setting up a Linux File Server and this after I got tired of getting hacked on my Windows server. The process is going slow and it has consumed many a night while I eat day old cold pizza and Dr Pepper whil I try to figue out how to make this package do what I want it to do. and yet to no avail I am forced to go to the book store and find a book on Mandrake and try to make heads or tails of what it is that I am doing. Not to mention that I need a book on SAMBA as well. If only there exsisted a version of Linux that was as easy to setup as Windows then I might not get too dispaired and belly ache (or that could just be the pizza who knows). Have any of you out there wished for this kind of installation that someday, someone, somewhere, somhow would come up with a solution like this. and don't say windows either. Makes me wish for the days of my old Trash 80 Mod 2 or was it mod 3 I can never remember. In any event I need help and I ain't too proud to ask.

RObert J Hewitt
    Just A guy trying to get away from the Dreaded Windows Server Enviroment

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    If only there exsisted a version of Linux that was as easy to setup as Windows then I might not get too dispaired and belly ache (or that could just be the pizza who knows).
    www.suse.com

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I will give it a try, can't hurt to try another package

RObert
    Just A guy trying to get away from the Dreaded Windows Server Enviroment